Diesel Power Challenge 2013; Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
k guys I know im getting alot of flack for entering with 190's and a s366. so im switching it up going to be going with 225s and a MTW stage 4 and two stages of nitrous. I wish i had the time to throw rods in the motor for piece of mind but i dont. I know im still not at the power level of the other competitors but i tow a trailer everyday and sled pull every weekend. also i will have eric live tune it before so there hopefully wont be any bugs. any other sugestions you guys have im all ears

Dustball8504

Reaction score
k guys I know im getting alot of flack for entering with 190's and a s366. so im switching it up going to be going with 225s and a MTW stage 4 and two stages of nitrous. I wish i had the time to throw rods in the motor for piece of mind but i dont. I know im still not at the power level of the other competitors but i tow a trailer everyday and sled pull every weekend. also i will have eric live tune it before so there hopefully wont be any bugs. any other sugestions you guys have im all ears

Ditch the stage 4 idea IMO. Non VGT with nitrous, I just don't know what size you should use though lol.

Wayne

Reaction score
any other sugestions you guys have im all ears
More power :shrug: :pointlaugh: It looks like you're planning on bringing a spork to a gun fight.

In all seriousness, your plan sounds great. Just spray, and pray :rockon: I don't agree with their methods of appealing to more readers to submit applications, but FWIW, you'll be getting my vote long before a stock fueled 6.4. It's super :lame: that chip, intake, and exhaust made it to the final 10 fords. At least you have a well rounded build. No point in trying to do too much anyway. It might uproot problems you won't have time or money to fix.
Maybe next year my wife will have to enter her vehicle seeing as how she doesn't work for an advertising shop :naughty: ....alas, that won't happen. If only she could drive:fustrate:

Spatel23

Reaction score
Stupidest thing I have EVER heard....that a truck with tuner intake and exhaust gets a shot at this.

Guess we know where this competition is headed for the future. Its glory days will come to a screaching halt if this flys.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Ditch the stage 4 idea IMO. Non VGT with nitrous, I just don't know what size you should use though lol.

Don't forget the DPC is in Denver this year. Hilarious how many sea level guys come here and sit there burning up their converter wishing there non-vgt would spool. There is a reason why Elite loves VGT's.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Don't forget the DPC is in Denver this year. Hilarious how many sea level guys come here and sit there burning up their converter wishing there non-vgt would spool. There is a reason why Elite loves VGT's.

I know that but wouldn't an NOS truck run better being non vgt?

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
I know that but wouldn't an NOS truck run better being non vgt?

Just put a good sized gate on it.

6.0 combo that would do ok. 285's, 65mm VGT, 3 stages, wastegate. The 6.0 doesn't make crap for torque and Diesel Power only awards torque output on the dyno. Erik did around 2000 ft-lbs of torque, what 6.0 has ever come close. I made the 2nd highest hp at the DPC and got like 7th in the dyno competition cause low torque and big single.

Wayne

Reaction score
As far as turbo is concerned, a stock VGT, with a good gate would be perfect with spray. Quick spool up, and then the nitrous takes over. Unless you have an amazing set of compounds, this is what you need to succeed. Think of how much better tim Judd's would have done with a combo like that. He had plenty of nitrous, but couldn't get it to light initially. There's also Chase Fleece, who blew up a smaller turbo. He sized it properly to light at this altitude, but didn't properly gate it, so it over sped, and grenaded. Another thing that is generally a weak link is that most people show up with a nitrous button, switch, or whatever, and no controller. that's why you see all the nitrous backfires. With a good enough controller, and programming, you could even run without a turbo if you wanted.
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/diesel_power_challenge/2012/1205dp_diesel_power_challenge_2012_sled_pull_competition_tim_judd_2001_chevy_2500hd_duramax/#ooid=wwbG9wNDrZQq0jVMk9Ny1AbUeustsZmO

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I used a poor mans controller, three smaller stages instead of 1 or two. Help save the Trans and the rest of the engine.

proper gating goes a long way with any turbo. By the time you hit the button a vgt will most likely be at 0% duty cycle anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online