Diesel Power Challenge 2013; Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Why do they always have more power?? is the 6.6L that much better then a 6.4L Or is it because it has been around for 5+ more years then the 6.4L So they have more to off of and they have better aftermarket supply then the guys with the 6.4L??

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Why do they always have more power?? is the 6.6L that much better then a 6.4L Or is it because it has been around for 5+ more years then the 6.4L So they have more to off of and they have better aftermarket supply then the guys with the 6.4L??

Partly time in development ( parts available ) other half I would say cylinder head design. The 6.0/6.4 heads do not flow all that well, the Duramax heads are more flow oriented. The new 6.7 Ford heads though are a lot better design, its just a matter of straightening out the bottom end and getting enough fuel and air into the motor for them to shine.

Wayne

Reaction score

see the red. budget has a lot to do with it. Most people know. and are comfortable limits of their stuff. If a motor like Clausen's blows up, it's 10's of thousands of dollars to re-do properly. That's more of a gamble than most people can swallow. Don't push it beyond were you know it will take the abuse, unless you're ready to suffer the consequences. Custom Auto can't use that kind of power on anything but the dyno anyway. Sure, it's a super fast truck, but it doesn't run 8's last I checked. All it is, is just hitting a big number so people can go "ooh, ahh! I'm so jealous". What they don't realize is that at that level, blocks break and crack, crankshafts, and all kinds of super expensive things can break, and go wrong.

Last year, Erik's stuff was at the safe limits of the bottom end of his engine. If Erik had left well enough alone, he'd still have an awesome daily driver, but not something that could comfortably hang with a truck like custom auto's stuff. I won't list off everything that Erik has changed to make it more reliable and powerful, unless he wants, but it's pretty much everything reasonably possible. I still don't expect deep 4 digit power, or 10's, with that weight, but it's still a solid truck, built around how he uses it.

Wayne

Reaction score
Yep. Lucky for Custom Auto, and half of everybody else who made it to the top 10, that they don't support the magazine with advertising dollars, even though most are affiliated with a diesel performance shop, or they would be disqualified too, just like I was.:bs:

jdgleason

Reaction score

Actually, by the calculator, Jeremy's truck running 11.1 vs Erik's truck running 11.8 says that they were putting almost the same power to the ground.

MINK

Reaction score
I say we all vote for Randall and then last minute sub in Mikeys silver truck with 3 stages....problem solved....or isnt Shone's truck still out that way ;)

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I say we all vote for Randall and then last minute sub in Mikeys silver truck with 3 stages....problem solved....or isnt Shone's truck still out that way ;)

green truck ;)

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i commented on diesel powers facebook about the newest issue, i encourage everyone on here to comment about how the rule change is whack and how this year doesnt look that good for the dpc... i dont know who exactly reads all of that but it would at least get some peoples attention...

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
i commented on diesel powers facebook about the newest issue, i encourage everyone on here to comment about how the rule change is whack and how this year doesnt look that good for the dpc... i dont know who exactly reads all of that but it would at least get some peoples attention...

Glad you agreed with my comment about it being boring, I dont wanna make it seem like the people that have entered are wasting their time building their trucks.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
No i agree, there are a couple good ones too, but it just seams like the last 3-4 years have truely been the heaviest of hitters as far as daily drivers go. this years numbers may be slower, and less hp than years past which i would hate to see.

progression would be seing these 1000hp trucks live thru entire competitions with no breakage

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
I guess Im not as trilled to read it anymore due to every month there seems to be more advertisements. Like you said the past 3 years were filled with some great trucks and was hard to choose which trucks should go.....

Isnt the thing about DPC to pick the baddest trucks out there and run em....?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yep I agree shop owner or employee or not as long as it's not competition only... Run it. Aaron and Chase fleece were perfect examples

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Exactly....

Granted it then hurts the average joes that wanna enter but cant cause they arent making the power or the truck is their DD that also hauls the kids to soccer, pulls a horse trailer ect ect.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thats not really what its about tho imho, and really thoughs people can still shine too. Surviving the event is half the battle

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Like Rocky horns obs.... Not the most hp or anything. Guess my point was they are trying to cater to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online