Diesel Power Challenge 2013; Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MINK

Reaction score
Exactly....

Granted it then hurts the average joes that wanna enter but cant cause they arent making the power or the truck is their DD that also hauls the kids to soccer, pulls a horse trailer ect ect.

I really dont see that point anymore...

Look at this years options for dodge/chevy guys - plenty of 800+ trucks on fuel.

My point being that many "everyday" trucks are in that range, just shows the progression of the sport. A tune/intake/exaust isnt and shouldnt be the norm now a days.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
I really dont see that point anymore...

Look at this years options for dodge/chevy guys - plenty of 800+ trucks on fuel.

My point being that many "everyday" trucks are in that range, just shows the progression of the sport. A tune/intake/exaust isnt and shouldnt be the norm now a days.

Guess whoever said they dont want ford to win again may be on to something..... LOL

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I read some of the posts and I agree with some but disagree with others. As far as the average Joe that is what I think I am. Yes I have learned a lot through my job as a aircraft mechanic, welding, heavy aluminum structure repair and fabrication. My years as a gear hear that gave me more experience, reading researching. To diesels I'm new and have had a lot of luck and success in the experiments of the turbo work I took on. Do I consider myself a expert absolutly not, the different shops that have been doing this for years are much more knowable than me. I find it a honor to be compared to some of these shops, but in reality I'm a average Joe. I may think out of the box but that is part of my nature., so can a average Joe make a high power truck that can compete in the challenge yes, I think so. Can a daily driven truck do well from a average Joe? Yes if the combination is correct and so money. I would like to see a daily driven street truck, on fuel only to see what happens.

Snoop

Reaction score
How many trucks are actually driven to the comp (not trailered)? I think that should be part of the rules which would be cool. Now driving the truck home is another story!

Wayne

Reaction score
I would drive it there. Too much hassle to load the truck on a trailer, drive 2.1 miles, and unload LOL

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I would drive it there. Too much hassle to load the truck on a trailer, drive 2.1 miles, and unload LOL

Maybe that's seen as unfair, that your shop is soo close. Sounds like a good way to get a competitive ford replaced by a 6.0 with 155's. Just stupid, should have entered mine, thrown a few stages at it and brought a extra stock trans.... would of had a better chance.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe that's seen as unfair, that your shop is soo close. Sounds like a good way to get a competitive ford replaced by a 6.0 with 155's. Just stupid, should have entered mine, thrown a few stages at it and brought a extra stock trans.... would of had a better chance.

had that plan last year, thank god eric's truck was my same day replacement !! that was an interesting 1 day turn around, eric musta loved the phone call he got, i didnt give him much of a choice. @dustin @bft @mikehaller @wayne hahahaha

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I'm kinda late to this conversation but i just recieved my diesel power magazine today and man is the ford camp fighting an uphill battle! WOW is all i can say!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
had that plan last year, thank god eric's truck was my same day replacement !! that was an interesting 1 day turn around, eric musta loved the phone call he got, i didnt give him much of a choice. @dustin @bft @mikehaller @wayne hahahaha

I hated you LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online