Diesel Power Challenge 2013; Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselpower

Reaction score
In case you guys missed it, there's another thread on here about the one 6.7. Looks to be built into a pretty stout truck if chosen.

01PSD

Reaction score
Hell Erik's isn't even running yet LOL not many are, one of the 7.3s has been running for a while with it's setup and a few others.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Hell Erik's isn't even running yet LOL not many are, one of the 7.3s has been running for a while with it's setup and a few others.

but what 6.7 has been at the power level they're going for? none. so they have no clue what's the next weak link. Erik's truck isn't running, no. but there has been a lot of big power 6.4 builds. and a hell of a lot more R&D/trial and error than on 6.7s, essentially this will be the first.

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

01PSD

Reaction score
That's very true. I was just being a dik LOL Hell even if they have been running for a while who's to say it won't fail in the competition? It's a huge crap shoot.. only thing you can do is hope and pray that the work you've put into these projects is enough to make it last.

04stroker

Reaction score
but what 6.7 has been at the power level they're going for? none. so they have no clue what's the next weak link. Erik's truck isn't running, no. but there has been a lot of big power 6.4 builds. and a hell of a lot more R&D/trial and error than on 6.7s, essentially this will be the first.

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

Exactly my point.

OBS F350

Reaction score
Is it too late to enter? I have 190/75's on a stock turbo, should be perfect.

But really whoever gets in, good luck in the competition. Hopefully Erik can get a repeat, that would hurt the Dodge and GM guy's feelers for sure LOL.

I really enjoy the idea of the 1st gen dodge with a 6.0... Someone needs to do it xD.

OBS F350

Reaction score
2nd gen.. they masturbate to 12v's with p-pumps LOL

What years did the p7100 come? Or whatever the holy grail of P-pumps is? Find one that year with p-pump still intact and then start a build thread on cummins forum. "removing the junk p-pump 12 valve, and putting in something reliable".

Alright sorry about the off topic stuff. Carry on.

dieselpower

Reaction score
If I'm remembering right, last year there seemed to be so many good choices it was hard to choose. Can people not reenter even if they're not chosen? Or did all the people that had those 900+ hp 6.4's just not enter again?

Wayne

Reaction score
early '98 12V ext. cab with 4 doors, and a short bed by many dodge lover's opinion is the ultimate deal. It's the only year of the 12V and rear doors on the quad cab. In a manual, it had the highest rated power of any dodge up to that point. Yank that pile-o-crap, p-pumped garbage out, and slap in an '03 6.0 with all the goodies. If anybody does it, I hope they make the truck look as good as possible, so the dodge guys get all excited until they see what's under the hood. LOL Better yet, swap out the entire drivetrain to ford stuff just for laughs. If I had money and time to waste, I'd be all over this project.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
early '98 12V ext. cab with 4 doors, and a short bed by many dodge lover's opinion is the ultimate deal. It's the only year of the 12V and rear doors on the quad cab. In a manual, it had the highest rated power of any dodge up to that point. Yank that pile-o-crap, p-pumped garbage out, and slap in an '03 6.0 with all the goodies. If anybody does it, I hope they make the truck look as good as possible, so the dodge guys get all excited until they see what's under the hood. LOL Better yet, swap out the entire drivetrain to ford stuff just for laughs. If I had money and time to waste, I'd be all over this project.

Dude... I am now shopping for a 98 12 V.... I am sure that I can come up with a 6.0.... *** yeah! Prob gonna take a while to get done... I have like 6 unfinished projects going on at this time... Awesome...

OBS F350

Reaction score
Dude... I am now shopping for a 98 12 V.... I am sure that I can come up with a 6.0.... *** yeah! Prob gonna take a while to get done... I have like 6 unfinished projects going on at this time... Awesome...

Someone donate this man a truck LOL. Someone needs to start a PSA fund raiser for the Official PSA Race truck... "Project Douche delete".

01PSD

Reaction score
LMAO greatest build EVER, I can see all of them now LOL it would never get voted in unless we could rally with the chevy/GM fans

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Someone donate this man a truck LOL. Someone needs to start a PSA fund raiser for the Official PSA Race truck... "Project Douche delete".

I think that this will be the least expensive project that I have ever undertook... A 98 Dodge can't be all that pricey, and a 6.0 isnt that bad, until I start to beef it up... This is going to take a bit, but I think it will be a fun project. Ill just get an entire 6.0 truck, and swap all electronics, motor, and trans...

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Just grab a 98 Dodge with a gas motor so its cheap and say it had the all mighty 12v cumminGs in it. Then tell them how you swapped that POS out for the 6.0 and let the fun begin.

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
^The bricks that would be **** when that 6.0 scream comes from a 2nd gen dodge would be phenomenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online