Diesel Power Challenge 2013; Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Reaction score
maybe you can by me one too.
Sure, how about an extra while I'm at it? I got DEEP pockets :pimp:
Wayne is the AerMet you are getting Aged or Annealed?
It's annealed, then aged. I don't know if they cold treat it after the initial annealing, or age it twice though. Either way, if I understand it correctly, the results are the same. I'm not the guy who spec'd it out though.

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Yeah they will do both and from what I understand that don't cold treat it to much because it actually weakens it to a certain point.

Wayne

Reaction score
Just out of sheer curiosity, could you tell me or PM me what they cost? Or would I rather not know...? Lol

It's not as crazy expensive as you might think, but definitely more than the 300M. Pricing will be released once they're available.

3brorce

Reaction score
Aermet shafts in 48s are right at $1 grand. Not sure how that is going to relate to the 5rs

Last edited:

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
got curious, thanks wikipedia :thumbsup:

AerMet 340 is hardened differently than the other two varieties. The first hardening application is a solution treatment at 1,775 °F (968 °C) for 1 hour. It is then quenched to a temperature of 150 °F (66 °C) over 1 to 2 hours. The material may then be cold treated, where the material is cooled to −100 °F (−73 °C) for 1 hour. The second hardening process is aging, where the material is heated to 900 °F (482 °C) for 3 to 8 hours. If the cold treatment is skipped, the part can be aged twice to get the same results.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I'm sorry 6point0damn2004 but that avatar is just spectacular! Hell i think i end up reading your posts 3 or 4 times just because i gotta look up and watch the dance and forget what i was reading.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
if you havent voted, dont be scared to vote for me. The white beast has made some things work in its favor and is back in this

3brorce

Reaction score
Oh really. Any insight into what may be done so we may be able to atleast get an idea in how she will compete on paper?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Oh really. Any insight into what may be done so we may be able to atleast get an idea in how she will compete on paper?

cant release that info, i would if i could but as of now i have to keep it under wraps. Sorry to leave you guys hanging like that, its killing me to keep it to myself but it just has to be that way for now.

3brorce

Reaction score
cant release that info, i would if i could but as of now i have to keep it under wraps. Sorry to leave you guys hanging like that, its killing me to keep it to myself but it just has to be that way for now.
That is understandable just thought might get lucky with some info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online