elite 72mm atmo

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I drive like a pansie already so not too worried. I had the 72 on for a week before I went wot. Peer pressure from Nick..... going to pull everything Sunday to try and get this damn oil leak fixed.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I bought a new drain tube with o-rings. Don't want to do it again.

How could I say no Nick when you were letting me barrow the intake.:poke: I wanted to do it too, just hadn't had the opportunity.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Wow that was alot faster than the first time boss.LOL Good job and hope this works out for you this time.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
3 hours vs 4 days.... every bolt came out easy. Lots of anti seize. Did find out, don't try and use the catches in the up pipe gaskets with bolts in then drop the turbos in. Also taking the lower down pipe connection off and letting it fall makes things easier. I do have a lot of oil in the pipes between the turbos. It could be pulling a lot out the ccv now.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Oil leak seems to be fixed, I'll give it few days to be sure. But when I start my truck after sitting for a bit, I get big puff of oil smoke. So im either getting oil from the head gasket failure, this turbo is pulling alot out of the ccv, the seals in the new turbo are bad, or something is wrong in the bottom end causing excessive blowby and pushing oil out the ccv. im leaning towards that because when I went to the track I vented the ccv to atmosphere and it was pretty excessive, and left a big oil spot after 30 minutes of driving and 2 passes. Sitting at idle, it looked like my truck was on fire almost with the smoke coming out. Any other ideas...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah that sounds like allot. The oil on start up can come.from valve seals too.

I guess both can...

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I'm going to start looking for a spare motor to start a build on. Or other options I'm thinking about, but not high on my list.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
You would not burn oil from blown head gaskets, are you stating to think you cracked a piston? To rule out the turbos delete your cvv, clean out all your I/C boots and run it for a while and see if the oil comes back. Really the only thing you have done is a turbo so i would look there before thinking you cracked somthing.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I only get oil at start up, about a basketball sized puff. Its got to be valve related as Dustin said. If it was a cracked piston I think it would run a lot worse than it does. It runs fine. No codes or anything. I don't think the piston would show burning oil on start up. It could be bad rings causing the blowby, but I never noticed any of this till after the 72. Need to see how the next few months go and if my gf can't find a job, the truck may have to go on the fact I couldn't afford of fix it, not that I really can now if the engine let go.

Wayne

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm hoping you just have an issue with a valve stem seal or two. That should be easy to check though by pulling the valve covers, and looking to see if a seal lifted off the retainer, and is floating between the seal retainer and spring keeper

Latest posts

Members online