elite 72mm atmo

Mbatten

Reaction score
I think if you have a cracked piston the blow by will pulse with the fire

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I think i have the same deal as you on start up. Mines been like that for a while. Quick puff and its done. Im installing a twin k16 kit on the 15th and will just go a little further and pop the valve covers. I always put it to extra fuel on start up but it does it in the summer as well

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Nope, been working too much to deal with it. Not losing any coolant, but still dripping some oil from the compressor side of the HP turbo and the smoke on startup is intermittent so I'm sure its valve related and just dependent on if the valves with issues are open or closed when I shut it down. Thanks for asking, just trying to figure out how I'm going to get it studded.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok well thats good news so far! I hope it all works out man. And good luck with the studs when you get time to do them, the truck seems like a monster.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Starting to gather parts for studs... my coolant has oil in it and my oil level has gone up.... probably going with arps, rcd gaskets, and rcd intake manifold. Not sure what I'm going to do about the heads yet, because I have no idea what condition they are in.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
How could anyone live with a ccv delete with that. Looks like my truck is on fire. Just has smoke rolling out from under it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Are you sure you don't have water in your oil? Pull the filler cap and look down in the filler/ccv can... Is there milky looking stuff down in there?

gman1

Reaction score
How could anyone live with a ccv delete with that. Looks like my truck is on fire. Just has smoke rolling out from under it.

Are you sure you don't have water in your oil? Pull the filler cap and look down in the filler/ccv can... Is there milky looking stuff down in there?

Thats how I found my problem. It would not blow the cap off the oil fill but with the excess vapor out the ccv I found I had a fractured block.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
its probably coolant, I had an issue and i didnt gain any oil at all but i did have sludge and water coming from my ccv when parked, found it was coolant running up a head stud. Start with the filler cap ect and make sure you dont have a bigger issue like that, front cover or oil cooler. An oil cooler will transfer oil into the coolant while running and then transfer coolant into the oil when the engine is turned off and there is still cooling system pressure

6.4psd916

Reaction score
It only started after I puked at the track. I have not noticed anything else weird, my oil temp deltas are still only 3 to 4 degrees, and the coolant has not picked up any oil. I have not had any codes. Only new issue I have is the oil leak, but I think it is ccv related, as in oil leaks out of the HP turbo compressor housing. That's were it seems to collect.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
a hole in the cooler wont matter on cooler temps...

But if all this started after it puked then in might be head gasket related, just need to make sure before you tear it down so the problem is actually fixed.

There arent many places where pressurized oil and coolant exist near each other, the oil cooler and maybe front cover are about the only two i can think of off hand. Just trying to make sure you actually solve the issue and not bandaid it or waste time doing gaskets if if the block is messed up or something

Dzchey21

Reaction score
That is exactly why I am asking. Thank you. Don't want to fix the gaskets and still have issues.

Check your oil fill cap, if you cant see much take an oil sample, blackstone or your local cat dealer can do them, it will show trace of coolant if there is any

Latest posts

Members online