elite 72mm atmo

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
gaskets are wasted guaranteed. you dont make that kinda power thru the gears repeatedly making passes and for one second expect anything less. usually its just puking but some get the water in the oil. obvious sign is pressure in the cooling system. just my.02 but makes sense to me.

or it could be your degas cap. LOL

6.4psd916

Reaction score
gaskets are wasted guaranteed. you dont make that kinda power thru the gears repeatedly making passes and for one second expect anything less. usually its just puking but some get the water in the oil. obvious sign is pressure in the cooling system. just my.02 but makes sense to me.

or it could be your degas cap. LOL

I have no doubt the gaskets are done after what they have been through. Just trying to get everything figured out before I dive into it because I can't have the truck down for too long. After driving if I open the degas cap I get bubbles so I know cylinder pressure is leaking in bad. Just going to have 2 new heads ready to go. No use in hoping they are okay after 50+ passes at the strip. Probably doing a RCD intake manifold also. Need to your CAI and ccv delete ordered.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
So, little update, back to stock turbo, either will trade it in, or do a single. Not sure yet. Burned 2 quarts in 1500 miles, so something is hurt bad.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
So you're selling the truck instead of fixing the head gaskets:confused: That makes no sense to me.

No probably not. But its a option. Sometimes things need to go to keep going. Will depend on the home situation. I have the cash to do it myself, but no lift or another other form of transport at the moment. Might just buy a beater and park the truck for a bit.

Last edited:

6.4psd916

Reaction score
It will be on its way to Mink tomorrow. Hope he doesn't mind me saying. Just had to say something so i stop being asked about it.

3brorce

Reaction score
I thought he already had one laying around. I doubt he will mind since I have seen him post about it.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
You get the turbo I sent you in time to do it over the weekend? How'd the packaging hold up. I card boarded and newspapered the hell out of it lol.

MINK

Reaction score
It will be on its way to Mink tomorrow. Hope he doesn't mind me saying. Just had to say something so i stop being asked about it.
Yup I'm excited!
You get the turbo I sent you in time to do it over the weekend? How'd the packaging hold up. I card boarded and newspapered the hell out of it lol.
Yeah....but its RED lol

6.4psd916

Reaction score

Ya, red doesn't go well with blue but whatever. Down to less than 2 hours to swap them. Lots of antisieze makes everything come apart real easy. I'm not loosing any coolant so I'm not That worried, but oil consumption has me worried.

Last edited:

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Spray paint that bad boy. Should be fine. I think you can get the housing off with the turbos on. Or josh can send you the housing off his when he gets the 72 and I'll take the red one back lol. Don't matter to me

MINK

Reaction score
Spray paint that bad boy. Should be fine. I think you can get the housing off with the turbos on. Or josh can send you the housing off his when he gets the 72 and I'll take the red one back lol. Don't matter to me

Yup that could work.....how longs it gonna take you to swap this turbo big guy?? lol

Latest posts

Members online