Frankenstein.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
seems to have turned out pretty damn good! Hope it stays for awhile because peeling that off will prob be a pain in the ass!

You'd be surprised........once you get it started, it peels off easy. And I know that sounds strange when you turn around and say its durable and looks good......but, it just is.......if its done right. Peeling off the black off the hood, only took about 10 min

paint7_zps72ff842d.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You'd be surprised........once you get it started, it peels off easy. And I know that sounds strange when you turn around and say its durable and looks good......but, it just is.......if its done right. Peeling off the black off the hood, only took about 10 min

paint7_zps72ff842d.jpg

Was that a trial run on the hood that you peeled it off for?

live life full throttle

Dave

Reaction score
Damn that looks badazz Julian!

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Ok well learned a few lessons with taping off plasti-dip that I'm gonna need to figure out how to handle, as when I sprayed heavy to get that smooth look, it built up over the tape and in some parts it actually started to peel back the dip.....beyond frustrating. However I was able to save most of the edging with a detail brush and some the mix I had left over......which by the way, never put this stuff in a red solo cup, it will eat through the cup!!! Lesson learned #147 LOL

Anyway on to the pics, I'll get up close shots of the places I had to fix after I let it sit in the sun today, pull off what I got on the weather stripping. But overall, I am very pleased with my first attempt at this.

paint2_zps1a699d17.jpg

Paint_zpsac4c2a3b.jpg

That pearl just pops......

paint3_zps4fdc521e.jpg

paint4_zps407a9ca9.jpg

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Ok well learned a few lessons with taping off plasti-dip that I'm gonna need to figure out how to handle, as when I sprayed heavy to get that smooth look, it built up over the tape and in some parts it actually started to peel back the dip.....beyond frustrating.

paint4_zps407a9ca9.jpg

Looks good man!

And, IIRC, I believe you're supposed to remove the masking before the plastidip dries, to prevent what you experienced.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.