Fuel cooler delete/relocation

HD F250

Reaction score
i think joe hueser found the promise land as soon as he unregulated the return . i saw high temps before that. makes sense.

I am not out of the woods yet, but I think I might just need to check all of my regulated pressures on the feed side. I am unregulated through a nice Hayden trans cooler. My issue of surging was fixed in the tunes by Matt. But, I think my temps are still a little higher than most peoples at this point.

HD F250

Reaction score
My feed setup: tank to fass, fass to regulator, regulator straight to both hpfp's.
Return: fass return goes back to tank. Head returns and valley hpfp tie together and go through a single pass finned trans cooler on the frame rail then to the tank. Second hpfp return and regulator return go through a second single pass trans cooler then back to the tank.

Truck runs great with no issues for years

Do you have a DashDaq? What are your fuel temps?

stroker 6.4

Reaction score
So is there any point to buy a regulated return from like elite and use everything but the regulator? Or maybe just get a list from you guys?

Wayne

Reaction score
So is there any point to buy a regulated return from like elite and use everything but the regulator? Or maybe just get a list from you guys?

The point is upper filter elimination, better supply flow eliminating supply banjo bolts, and regulating supply pressure. The regulator isn't such a big deal though if you have the airdog or equivalent.

madman1234509

Reaction score
The point is upper filter elimination, better supply flow eliminating supply banjo bolts, and regulating supply pressure. The regulator isn't such a big deal though if you have the airdog or equivalent.

Which, is only really beneficial if you have twin pumps.... You saw no gain in your test right? And others have made big numbers with the fuel bowl intact

Reaction score
Which, is only really beneficial if you have twin pumps.... You saw no gain in your test right? And others have made big numbers with the fuel bowl intact

The fuel bowl delete isn't a big hp factor. It's a fuel supply factor and keeping quality fuel to the hpfp.

Sure you can make big hp with a lot of still "stock parts" but will it last? How much damage are you doing? IMO that's the difference between a real build and a half a** build. Fuel supply to the hpfp isn't something I recommend skimping on.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I tied half of them together and put each line through its own cooler then one returns through stock return on tank and one in filler neck

Wayne

Reaction score

There was no gain for me when I went from totally stock supply to only the airdog being an upgrade. My supply at the Schrader valve went from a low of 2 to a low of 7 iirc with the stock upper filter housing still attached. No power difference, but I had a wounded injection pump that didn't recover with a better supply.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.