Help help help codes no power please

Crack85

Reaction score
I would take the truck to PSE...I don't want to sound like a dick, but obviously you and the shop that did the work are now in over ur heads....talk to Dorian and see if he can work with you as u have already spent a **** ton of money and time on the truck.

I don't know what kind of finances you have or what you owe on the truck but I don't think you will get ur money back if you trade ur money.

Last edited:

Jgon08

Reaction score
I would take the truck to PSE...I don't want to sound like a dick, but obviously you and the shop that did the work are now in over ur heads....talk to Dorian and see if he can work with you as u have already spent a **** ton of money and time on the truck.

I don't know what kind of finances you have or what you owe on the truck but I don't think you will get ur money back if you trade ur money.

He's a lineman you me and both know he's got it.. But ya I agree don't give up on it yet. It's a nice truck and if you get rid of it your just going to spend money on something else. I'd stick it out and see if a good shop can figure it out.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Talked to PSE today. Gonna take it to them in a few weeks when I get my rotation off work and drop the truck off. They seemed pretty confident in the fact they could figure it out

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I talked to three shops really. Hamilton Diesel. A shop in round rock that specializes in Powerstrokes and PSE. I know they are a vendor here on PSN and everyone keep referring me to them. So I'll see what they can do.

jngreen

Reaction score
Throttle Position Sensor.
Located at your throttle pedal.

You should be able to test it with a multimeter. It should read various voltages at different throttle positions.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
They move fairly evenly. Only become jumpy if I try a boosted launch. At which they the rpms will not raise above 1000rpm

And the sounds the motor makes at low rpm throttle sounds horrible like it's missing or something.

dsberman94

Reaction score
My new thoughts are that your low rpm backpressure is totally out of whack because the vgt actuator isn't working right. Could cause weird sounds. I heard some weird chit when we were diagnosing the vgt actuator on my buddy's 6.4. Maybe someone could post a video of their actuator to compare yours to. Not sure whether I would start with a new actuator or with the wiring though. And I hate to just send you to ford and pay even more than pse will charge.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
My new thoughts are that your low rpm backpressure is totally out of whack because the vgt actuator isn't working right. Could cause weird sounds. I heard some weird chit when we were diagnosing the vgt actuator on my buddy's 6.4. Maybe someone could post a video of their actuator to compare yours to. Not sure whether I would start with a new actuator or with the wiring though. And I hate to just send you to ford and pay even more than pse will charge.

I posted that video in regards to someone PM a video of theirs from idle to throttle. I thought mine sounded way off beat. I'd post his but my phone won't let me copy it for some reason to post it.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Well if I had to relate it to a gas powered motor. I'd say a coil was mis firing or injector not fueling on time. At idle you don't notice until throttle is applied. Where as in the other video. You could hear a steady increase in rpm range. I'll try again with the other video.

Latest posts

Members online