Help help help codes no power please

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
What if its the push rods guys? 6.0's installed vs 6.4's? They are shorter and will decrease valve lift leading to laggy spool up on the bottom end and providing enough volume to drive the turbos a little better on the big end? He has essentially the same set up as me apart from turbos (which were just ruled up) and push rods.

somebody is using their head!

TXlineman83

Reaction score
The valve train is Rudys Stage 1. I called and told them what I had and they sent it. Guess ill have the shop back gone check it out. I'm gonna tow it home

TXlineman83

Reaction score
You wouldn't get any dtcs if there were installed.

I understand. I've had similar problems on gas motors after having them decked and such. I'm going to call the shop that performed the work Monday. Ask them a few questions regarding the cylinder head work at the machine shop. See what all was done etc etc etc. That way I'm a little more informed. Call rudys too and see if they can confirm what they sent me so I know

dsberman94

Reaction score
Don't give up on this truck. I have friend who ran into issue after issue and ended up selling it. Still regrets it and it's been almost a year. Bring it to a reputable powerstroke shop. PSE would be an excellent shop. Dorian will get it fixed up. Yes it will cost more but it WILL be worth it in the end.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yes but the 6.4 pushrods are the shorter ones. Typically someone would use 6.4 pushrods on a 6.0 if they had to deck the heads to the maximum amount. Not sure how much this will change your theory.

swinky

Reaction score
Somebody close by needs to come give you a hand. I honestly feel like your at that point where you're overlooking something small and need a second set of eyes on it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Somebody close by needs to come give you a hand. I honestly feel like your at that point where you're overlooking something small and need a second set of eyes on it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That would be amazing. Lol. I'm so frustrated I'm not even interested in looking at it anymore

Cknox121

Reaction score
So what are you going to so when you go stock everything and it's still doing the same thing?

Suck it up and drop it off at PSE will be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXlineman83

Reaction score
So what are you going to so when you go stock everything and it's still doing the same thing?

Suck it up and drop it off at PSE will be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After discussing some things With fellow members I was asked about my CAI. If I had a thumping sounds coming from it. Well I believe u could say that. Sounds like an exhaust lope almost. The way it was explained to me makes perfect sense after everything I have chased down so far. So now I just need to find out if my heads were milled at machine shop. How much. And how long push rods I need now.

madman1234509

Reaction score
You said the shop let your batteries die, and you've had multiple communication codes come up. Have you done a reflash from Ford since? There have been plenty of stories from when people didn't hook their trucks up to chargers and when they tried to download tunes from their spartans they fried the computer because the batteries drained down too far. I'm not sure how it is with the sct but I'm assuming if you drain your batteries during a download it'll mess things up. I'd try a reflash from a dealer or contact sct directly to find out what process you need to take to rule out your computer or tuning. I hate to see you just throw parts at it, especially considering how expensive parts for these trucks are.

I can't see push rods making it run that poorley

TXlineman83

Reaction score
You said the shop let your batteries die, and you've had multiple communication codes come up. Have you done a reflash from Ford since? There have been plenty of stories from when people didn't hook their trucks up to chargers and when they tried to download tunes from their spartans they fried the computer because the batteries drained down too far. I'm not sure how it is with the sct but I'm assuming if you drain your batteries during a download it'll mess things up. I'd try a reflash from a dealer or contact sct directly to find out what process you need to take to rule out your computer or tuning. I hate to see you just throw parts at it, especially considering how expensive parts for these trucks are.

I asked Matt about that and he told that shouldn't be a concern.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score

I'm not saying I'm right but it makes sense to me. The valves and push rods are the lungs of the engine. The heads can pressure test on the bench but if the push rods are wrong you will either have a not enough lift issue or inability to seal enough to generate the pressures to build the boost.

Either way its something to check out that doesn't cost a lot of money. If its just a matter of swapping push rods. Dan would be out a couple hundred bucks.

Latest posts

Members online