Home Made Traction Bar Build

300000 and counting

Reaction score
Your set up is very nice, I think whenever I do mine I'm going to use this set up instead, from what I hear they work the same but articulate a little faster i don't know if that's true but it's worth a shot

DE6-78C82FAF089B-8123-000009F022CEF4E0_zpse9061d77.jpg

Last edited:

Strokersace

Reaction score
pretty much! why do you ask?

live life full throttle

My question was in response to this:

Your set up is very nice, I think whenever I do mine I'm going to use this set up instead, from what I hear they work the same but articulate a little faster i don't know if that's true but it's worth a shot

DE6-78C82FAF089B-8123-000009F022CEF4E0_zpse9061d77.jpg

Not the op's bars.

ford rules

Reaction score
Don't buy cheap joints or tubing. You'll be happy you have them, they help overall driving a lot.

ford rules

Reaction score
How happy have you been with your design and bar end choices?

I'm thinking about building a very similar setup for mine.

Thanks!

Been very happy and wouldn't change a thing about them. Very quiet and smooth and good looking IMO.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Been very happy and wouldn't change a thing about them. Very quiet and smooth and good looking IMO.

Glad to hear!

Unfortunately I took the easy way out and bought the OUO bars after seeing how much Balistic Fab has jacked up their prices since I last bought joints from them. With joints, shipping + DOM it would cost me roughly $750...

If for some reason I'm not happy with the OUO bar's, I'll be making my own with the same parts and similar design to yours.

09stroker

Reaction score
Whoops didn't see that if in the beginning of the sentence. Really changes the meaning of it LOL

ford rules

Reaction score
Hmm didnt think the stuff would be that much, im sure youll love your OUO's like everyone else does!!

ford rules

Reaction score
Any binding when the truck is flexed? Why not use the fronts for the back joints?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No binding issues at all. I choose to use the front bushings on the frame to get rid of some road noise.

I got the rear heims from Ruffstuff they have great products and service.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Awesome work man! I might have to tackle a traction bar build for my truck this year.

I'm thinking about incorporating an air bag mount into the axle side traction bar mount, all as one piece.

a_moore

Reaction score
Very similar to what I built.

For the length I mounted the rear brackets. Then clamped the frame mount onto the truck with a clamp. I then raised the back of truck up and compressed the suspension with a real heavy load. I moved the frame bracket until the CtC stayed the same.

After all that BS I noticed that the angle of the bars complete matched the angle of the drive shaft exactly. This was on a four door short bed. I cant remember the length. No issues towing, left them on truck always.

Latest posts

Members online