most miles on a 6.7l

dsberman94

Reaction score
I would hope design and quality would improve over 2 decades so that a better end product is made.

Posted while doing something dumb.

Nic

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can find the warranty records for 6.0's and 6.4's compared to the 6.7 say for like the first 3 years they were each in production. That would be interesting to compare

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Actually, by mid 2007 there were less warranty claims on the 6.0 than there ever were on the 7.3. Hard to believe but its true.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
what where the issues the 7.3s had?

I'm wondering the same thing? Lack of maintenance was the first and foremost issue of them.

The CPS warranty claim probably boosted that number way up. Blown hpop lines a very close second. Iacpv overheating and also causing a no start sudden die. And the good ol LL injector. Leaking fuel bowls after the introduction to ulsd. Glow plug relays and harness issues and connector updates. (These are just a few "commonly heard") issues. Very rare for most.

6.0L are fine bone stock as long as you drive them with a egg between the drivers foot and pedal!! Lol.

RSK

Reaction score
so overall the 6.7's are pretty reliable and even the 2011's which had valve issues are pretty reliable too. Makes me want to buy a 6.7 even more now and turn my 6.4 into a full on toy....

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
102k now on my early 11' , tuned and deleted at 10k, no issues at all, goes 7500 miles on oil changes and used ford motorcraft oil from day one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedRice589

Reaction score
Never really paid attention honestly, looks clean and fine and every time, I'd say it turns a normal black color like any oil does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine gets dark. I've changed it a couple times but it's no different than oil from my 6.4 or brothers 6.0

BK39

Reaction score
10-4. I just wasn't sure if the oil stayed cleaner longer when the egr is off or deleted.

live life full throttle

I deleted mine at 800 miles or so, changed the oil at 5k, and it looked like every other diesel I have ever changed, dark and nasty.

Latest posts

Members online