My 6.0 build

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I REALLY like that idea, excited to see the end results - well done.

I've been all about this idea for sooooo long. I've never seen it done before and the 6.7 KR with black interior looks amazing. I think this will look better than the 6.7 KR though considering the different color of the 05-07 saddle leather... Now if only this damn carpet would show up!

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Where did you order the carpet from?

stockinteriors.com. I had every intention of ordering OEM black carpet out of a harley truck but considering it is astronomically expensive and very hard to track down considering it is a discontinued part I just went with the aftermarket. They seemed to have good reviews and I ordered the carpet with the mass backing which is supposed to be just like OEM. We'll see what it's like when it comes in... At least it won't have extra holes cut in it in the back for bench seat mounting points compared to captains chair ones ( 6 bolts vs. 4 bolts)

nickg3130

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get headliners from for a crew cab? Since mine is messed up from the accident id like to switch it to black and get an entire new one.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get headliners from for a crew cab? Since mine is messed up from the accident id like to switch it to black and get an entire new one.

I think that stock interiors site might sell them. if not you could probably get a junkyard one and have it done in suede or something. I know with mine I am just having it redone in black suede.

dommel01

Reaction score
let that stuff air out before you put it in there josh, i painted an old ranger interior black one time, never could fully get the paint smell out

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
let that stuff air out before you put it in there josh, i painted an old ranger interior black one time, never could fully get the paint smell out

with the product hes using, its surprising how quickly everything can go back in the truck. when I did mine, I loaded it in the car the next day. sat in the car all day, truck never smelled.....Color bond is some good stuff~

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score

been sitting in the shop for a few days already. Nothing is even going in until next week anyways but like Mark said this stuff dries quick and doesn't smell. You can literally handle the stuff after 15 min

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Black head liner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, my friend is doing a black suede headliner for me. And Mat I wasn't planning on it just cause is not really in my budget right now. I did however order the carpet with the thicker mass backing which should cut the sound down a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Yes, my friend is doing a black suede headliner for me. And Mat I wasn't planning on it just cause is not really in my budget right now. I did however order the carpet with the thicker mass backing which should cut the sound down a bit.

Changing out or removing a headliner on a cc is a pain in the ass. Might sneak it out after pulling out the seats. If not the windshield or rear window will need pulled.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Changing out or removing a headliner on a cc is a pain in the ass. Might sneak it out after pulling out the seats. If not the windshield or rear window will need pulled.

Should be able to squeeze it out when the seats are out. If it's tight just spit on it lol

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Should be able to squeeze it out when the seats are out. If it's tight just spit on it lol

LOL. My standard cab will be getting the same treatment blacking out the interior. My 6L already has almost everything you're doing factory though.

Latest posts

Members online