My 6.0L 700HP Build

Boostaddict03

Reaction score
I dont think that you can go too big on injector sizing if you can tune them correctly. I ran the same injectors as Warren has in his truck heck those came out of my truck 300/150s with a S472 and the truck would not lite the charger with a stock stall converter so I lit it with a .50 Jet and the truck went 7.70@90mph. I went with the Compounds thinking the spool time would help and of course it did and gained power. Once I get all the bugs worked out and the correct injectors and what not it will be a low 7 second truck on Fuel Only and there are alot of Claimers out there that they have a 700 800 900 1000+ 6.0L and I'm here to tell you there isnt many out there that actually are if so unstrap it from the dyno and head to the track and see what you really make.

Boostaddict03

Reaction score
We all know about what a Stock Fuel Stock Turbo 6.0L makes power wise and runs at the track and it kills me that people think that a Powermax with 190's intake tune and exhaust makes 600hp lol my truck on Stock Turbo and Stock fuel put down 370whp and 760wtq and went 8.9@75mph on 35's then went 8.4@82mph on a 100shot truck put down 440whp with the 100shot. I have done a couple of Powermax with 190/100 intake and exhaust and custom tuning and they average around 450whp and 850wtq FAR from 600hp and doesn't run the times a 600hp truck or car should run I agree all dyno's are different but track time doesn't change so my best advice is to take your track times and do your little hp calculators until you find a dyno that is damn close and I will promise you will end up on a Mustang Dyno as I have researched for years. Hence the reason have one at my shop

MorganY

Reaction score
We all know about what a Stock Fuel Stock Turbo 6.0L makes power wise and runs at the track and it kills me that people think that a Powermax with 190's intake tune and exhaust makes 600hp lol my truck on Stock Turbo and Stock fuel put down 370whp and 760wtq and went 8.9@75mph on 35's then went 8.4@82mph on a 100shot truck put down 440whp with the 100shot. I have done a couple of Powermax with 190/100 intake and exhaust and custom tuning and they average around 450whp and 850wtq FAR from 600hp and doesn't run the times a 600hp truck or car should run I agree all dyno's are different but track time doesn't change so my best advice is to take your track times and do your little hp calculators until you find a dyno that is damn close and I will promise you will end up on a Mustang Dyno as I have researched for years. Hence the reason have one at my shop

190s and a Powermax don't make 600....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

strokin6L

Reaction score
Hell you should be able to make 700hp with 225/100's and compounds running a dual hpop setup. 700hp really isn't that hard to make these days.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Your reason for having a mustang dyno doesn't make sense. You said that they don't read accurate and read low. So why would you want to dyno on a mustang dyno?

Boostaddict03

Reaction score
A TRUE 700hp 6.0L is not a cake walk to make it reliable but in the end all it really boils down to is how much money you want to spend lol alot of people are scared to even attempt a 6.0l me on the other hand find joy of trying new things and things that people are scared to do

MorganY

Reaction score
A TRUE 700hp 6.0L is not a cake walk to make it reliable but in the end all it really boils down to is how much money you want to spend lol alot of people are scared to even attempt a 6.0l me on the other hand find joy of trying new things and things that people are scared to do

Yes, I know its not a cake walk. No one is scared to try compounds and big injectors. I've got plenty of atomizing fuel to back it up. Like I said, 285s are proven on 1000, not from research, from people who've actually done it.

Here is my old set fully atomizing 225/100s doing rolling burnouts at 8100lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgw5wVF-eCw

Boostaddict03

Reaction score
Your reason for having a mustang dyno doesn't make sense. You said that they don't read accurate and read low. So why would you want to dyno on a mustang dyno?

A Mustang Dyno is arguably the most accurate reading dyno. I say "Low Reading" Dyno because everyone is scared of actual numbers they all want to spend the least as possible and claim they have the Highest HP so therefore that is why people rather run on a DynoJet. I have proven time and time again with Diesel Truck and Cars that claim killer power that heavily modified cars are making and these fools with bolt on's claim to match and at the end of the day my dyno numbers match real life track times

MorganY

Reaction score
A Mustang Dyno is arguably the most accurate reading dyno. I say "Low Reading" Dyno because everyone is scared of actual numbers they all want to spend the least as possible and claim they have the Highest HP so therefore that is why people rather run on a DynoJet. I have proven time and time again with Diesel Truck and Cars that claim killer power that heavily modified cars are making and these fools with bolt on's claim to match and at the end of the day my dyno numbers match real life track times

Mustangs can read whatever you want them to read. I've watched a dyno op jack the numbers the very next pull for fun in less than 5 minutes.

Track times are the most accurate.

Boostaddict03

Reaction score
Mustangs are a joke. They can read whatever you want them to read.

Track times are the most accurate.

Ok whatever you want to believe and I agree ANY Dyno can be fudged with to read whatever you want them to read but why the hell would you do that to yourself wow let me screw with my dyno to put out numbers that arent correct

04stroker

Reaction score
A dyno in my opinion is just a tuning tool. As long as you dyno on the same dyno when you make changes you should be able to tell if your doing any good. Then go to the track for horsepower numbers. The only dyno I have personally played with was a mustang and I got the truck to read anywhere from 280 horsepower to 500 playing around with the load. For what it's worth I'm not picking on mustang dynos just the only one I have had any time to play with.

Last edited:

Jwarren

Reaction score
700hp for your injector setup? 285/100s make 800 on fuel all day atomizing. That pump you're running isnt nearly enough oil I bet.

I know there is plenty of oil. We pulled fuel and gained 70+ hp on the dyno fuel does not seem to be the issue. This truck will make close to 1000 on fuel just takes a little time, testing and tuning.

Latest posts

Members online