My 64/71/.70 with warren 210's

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
shoot me a text whenever. I'm going to get some up pipes made from Matt @CED! I'm going to prove non VGTs will lay down 600!

i've got one of his first sets of uppipes on my truck. real clean set and haven't popped yet! now...sign up for a shirt in my thread!

happy bday dude.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
It's already been proven non vgt's will lay down 600+hp. Eric at ID said that's he's had guys with 64/71/70 turbo's with 205's or larger lay down 600+hp on his dyno and still have good street manners.

what do you call good street manners? my 64 didn't really light until 1800+ and was a bit smokey before that.

morgan, hoping this turbo works out for you. your becoming the guinea pig on this.

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
But with that being said, I know people with 66's and 190's-225's under the 600 mark... depends on the dyno and conditions, as well as suspension, wheels/tires, tuning etc.

I'd like to see a turbo spool at 14-1500, make 600 on fuel, and be very street-able with light towing, is this possible, could be I guess under ideal conditions. I hope Morgan decides to be the guinea pig for the gt3788r or the new billet bb precision 64/66, it would be nice to see something different.

With a divided housing and divided up pipes I think either of those turbos should spool very quickly on the street. I think MPD's new manifold/divided up pipe combo is going to be a hot ticket item soon.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
Oh sweet I didnt know mdp was gonna do that. I was gonna start building them when I had time. I'm glad they are still doing stuff for the 6.0. Im sure he will be happy. Happy b day. Wish u had a box to open for it ;)

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Thank you tadd for the post. How do you feel about a garrett 3788r ball bearing? 64 inducer on the compressor, and I believe the turbine is a 68, and run a t4 with a .8x housing with a t4 set of up pipes.

I love Garrett turbos but in everything I have seen the Garrett doesn't make the power that the Precision does and I know that the 64 Precision will KILL the GT3788. I hate slow spool up for a daily driver. I would do the 64 Precision with an .84 housing and use a diverter valve and a wastegate. Complicated but good power and quick spool is a luxury on a 6.0.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Tadd, do you know of anyone running that new 6466 from precision, not even a diesel but period? Is it even released yet? I think the ball bearing will be a nice option for the 6.0 trucks, I just dont like precison's lack of internally gated housings and lack of divided t3 housings. I wonder how the 6466 would work with a t4 .82 divided housing and divided up pipes. Would keep the back pressure lower with the larger housing as well as get the benefit from each up pipe feeding each volute of the housing, may not even need an external gate.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
We are going to do a 6.0 with one soon. Other than that was just dyno testing, no street drivability testing. It makes too much boost for most gassers. It put out more power than the Precision 67. It is designed as a high pressure ratio turbo and is a 7 blade billet. Since we are one of the few Precision Diesel Distributors that is why I know about the 64. If you call precision they probably wont even tell you about it. Yes the T3 options are not so great, that's why I suggest the T4 divided .84.

MorganY

Reaction score
I will be moving to t4. I have Matt at CED informed about making me a t4 divided set, with independent piping all the way to the t4 foot.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
We are going to do a 6.0 with one soon. Other than that was just dyno testing, no street drivability testing. It makes too much boost for most gassers. It put out more power than the Precision 67. It is designed as a high pressure ratio turbo and is a 7 blade billet. Since we are one of the few Precision Diesel Distributors that is why I know about the 64. If you call precision they probably wont even tell you about it. Yes the T3 options are not so great, that's why I suggest the T4 divided .84.

Cool thanks for the info, I dont understand why they dont want anyone to know of it, how else would people buy it? Either way im very interested to see how it works out for you guys. It has the potential to be a big hit.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Tadd...how does this Precision 64/66/84 turbo light/spool compared to a 64/71/70 borg warner S300 that i run? Mine starts making 3-4lbs of boost around 1600-1700rpms.

4tonGT40

Reaction score
If bullseye doesnt warranty it im taking my bullseye 66 off and going with someone else. You havent been very hard on that turbo yet and with such low mileage it should be covered regardless. I think about your turbo everytime i drive my truck now.

Sorry to see that the turbo took a schit. But I've had nothing but good reviews and good luck with Industrial injection phat shaft compounds. Maybe givem a shot. And quite honestly they are very reasonable in price Good luck man.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Sorry to see that the turbo took a schit. But I've had nothing but good reviews and good luck with Industrial injection phat shaft compounds. Maybe givem a shot. And quite honestly they are very reasonable in price Good luck man.

Wow...you're the only person i've heard of who have had good luck with these. I've heard nothing but bad things about this kit from II. Nothing but boost leaks and nothing fitting/lining up right with the piping in the kit

Extended Power

Reaction score
Yeah...you sure don't hear of alot of people running them...everyone building their own sets.
Not a lot of good feedback either...

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I think hes referring to 6.4 II compounds not 6.0, 6.0 compounds from II are a total shot in the dark

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
thanks for verifying, just assuming since he owns a 6.4. FYI Precision Officially released the 6466, its 1900ish msrp let the games begine.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
thanks for verifying, just assuming since he owns a 6.4. FYI Precision Officially released the 6466, its 1900ish msrp let the games begine.

Actually the turbo that was just released is not the turbo I have been referring to, I used the reference of 6466 but they are different. Dont want somebody buying this turbo thinking its what I have been pushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online