My 64/71/.70 with warren 210's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast6.0

Reaction score
Glad to hear they didn't leave you hanging, if you only need the boost to come on a couple hundred rpm sooner and you where happy with the 64's performance, maybe go with a 64/68/70. The smaller turbine wheel should give you a bit quicker spool, and they seem to be handling back pressure fine. As far as the Precision, I know a few gassers that have good luck with them, but not sure if they'll like the higher boost/drive pressures that the diesels run at. Might work fine though. You should drop that question over on CompD in the Supercharger/Turbocharger section in the Competition build area. Alot of good guys with lots of knowledge over there, definitely someone could give you a comparison of the two. Good luck with whatever you end up going back with

MorganY

Reaction score
Glad to hear they didn't leave you hanging, if you only need the boost to come on a couple hundred rpm sooner and you where happy with the 64's performance, maybe go with a 64/68/70. The smaller turbine wheel should give you a bit quicker spool, and they seem to be handling back pressure fine. As far as the Precision, I know a few gassers that have good luck with them, but not sure if they'll like the higher boost/drive pressures that the diesels run at. Might work fine though. You should drop that question over on CompD in the Supercharger/Turbocharger section in the Competition build area. Alot of good guys with lots of knowledge over there, definitely someone could give you a comparison of the two. Good luck with whatever you end up going back with

Thats some good information. I will do that. I don't see how the precision would have issues since elite runs them for the max and high powers?? Is it the smaller chassis of the PT6266 that is the issue?

I liked the 64, I just do not like the fact that it grenaded on me, and I do not want it to happen again, especially after I just pulled off a s366 bullseye tonight that is 10k miles old and has terrible shaft play. Bullseye DID stand behind there product, but that turbo cost me $100 in shipping for warranty, $386 in towing, and $175 taxi ride..I can't risk that again.

and the 62/66/.83 T4 ball bearing should light insanely quick and be perfect for a 'VGT style spool up' compounded truck.

java

Reaction score
What size injector would you be able to run in a compound setup with the 62?

Beast6.0

Reaction score
I wouldn't write off B/W S300's so quick because of a few bad chargers, I've personally had problems with two of them but also it also was because of a balancing issue, and they both came from the same place. Since then I've had two different 300s on my truck that I had balanced before mounting, and I beat the he'll out of them and they lasted over 2 yrs of DD just fine. I believe a well set up and balanced B/W (300 or 400) is just as good as anything out there, plus they are easily rebuilt 80-90% of the time, if you decide to change a combo/go a different route or end up hurting the bearings from too much backpressure or over-speeding and catch it in time. But that said, I'm all for seeing someone go a different route and try something else. Good luck with the Precision if you go that way, I'm interested in seeing how that would work out. Also, I didn't know Elite was using them, but if so, they should be fine choice then. You just have alot of fuel for a 62 was my concern. Good luck, whichever way you decide to go.

MorganY

Reaction score
I wouldn't write off B/W S300's so quick because of a few bad chargers, I've personally had problems with two of them but also it also was because of a balancing issue, and they both came from the same place. Since then I've had two different 300s on my truck that I had balanced before mounting, and I beat the he'll out of them and they lasted over 2 yrs of DD just fine. I believe a well set up and balanced B/W (300 or 400) is just as good as anything out there, plus they are easily rebuilt 80-90% of the time, if you decide to change a combo/go a different route or end up hurting the bearings from too much backpressure or over-speeding and catch it in time. But that said, I'm all for seeing someone go a different route and try something else. Good luck with the Precision if you go that way, I'm interested in seeing how that would work out. Also, I didn't know Elite was using them, but if so, they should be fine choice then. You just have alot of fuel for a 62 was my concern. Good luck, whichever way you decide to go.

I fear that the 62 wont flow enough as well. And That the PT6266 chassis is too small for the back pressures/abuse of a diesel.and with the next largest chassis has a compressor size being a 67..it's out of my league. I am looking either into balancing the s364 or selling it and going to a garrett non VGT, the last two Garrett's I have run (VGTs) held up to overspinning, high heat and BP. Will keep you guys posted. Thanks for everyone's input. I think the only way I'll get flow, without sacrificing spool up would be ball bearing. Trying to get the best of both worlds like we all do LOL

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
I fear that the 62 wont flow enough as well. And That the PT6266 chassis is too small for the back pressures/abuse of a diesel.and with the next largest chassis has a compressor size being a 67..it's out of my league. I am looking either into balancing the s364 or selling it and going to a garrett non VGT, the last two Garrett's I have run (VGTs) held up to overspinning, high heat and BP. Will keep you guys posted. Thanks for everyone's input. I think the only way I'll get flow, without sacrificing spool up would be ball bearing. Trying to get the best of both worlds like we all do LOL

Precision has a 64 that is diesel based. We have not had any issues with there ball-bearing units and we have used a 6262 in compounds as well as 6766. The 64 was not available when we did the 67 otherwise I would have put in a 6466. In my experience the GT40 garrett was a total dog to spool. FYI. It was ball-bearing. Also the Precision units are rebuildable. Why not gate around the small turbine when needed? That way you get the best of both worlds.

MorganY

Reaction score
Precision has a 64 that is diesel based. We have not had any issues with there ball-bearing units and we have used a 6262 in compounds as well as 6766. The 64 was not available when we did the 67 otherwise I would have put in a 6466. In my experience the GT40 garrett was a total dog to spool. FYI. It was ball-bearing. Also the Precision units are rebuildable. Why not gate around the small turbine when needed? That way you get the best of both worlds.

Thank you tadd for the post. How do you feel about a garrett 3788r ball bearing? 64 inducer on the compressor, and I believe the turbine is a 68, and run a t4 with a .8x housing with a t4 set of up pipes.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the gt3788r is a 63.5/72.5/.89 divided exhaust housing.

strokin6L

Reaction score
It's already been proven non vgt's will lay down 600+hp. Eric at ID said that's he's had guys with 64/71/70 turbo's with 205's or larger lay down 600+hp on his dyno and still have good street manners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online