My 64/71/.70 with warren 210's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Good luck man, I hope it works out. I would love to hear how it runs when its right.

MorganY

Reaction score
Bad news. The compressor side is chewed up. I'm calling bill tomorrow. I don't have time to yank the intercooler, not happy. Let alone of sh*t got into my
Motor

MorganY

Reaction score
c65a9b79.jpg

ae0e639a.jpg

35d92cfd.jpg

Temps were no more than 1000°, 20lbs of boost or less. Hadnt driven it hard all day...can anyone tell me HOW this happens, and has anyone seen seething like this before?

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
turbo wasn't balanced I'd bet. sorry this happened man...if i had another turbo laying around, i'd shoot it down to ya.

MorganY

Reaction score
turbo wasn't balanced I'd bet. sorry this happened man...if i had another turbo laying around, i'd shoot it down to ya.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I just don't want them to not warranty it because it looks like a meltdown, when it wasnt! My powermax has been as hot as this!

Super08Duty

Reaction score
If bullseye doesnt warranty it im taking my bullseye 66 off and going with someone else. You havent been very hard on that turbo yet and with such low mileage it should be covered regardless. I think about your turbo everytime i drive my truck now.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Did you leave the housing bolts loose???
Jk, but really man that is a hard pill to swallow. Let us know if they warranty it.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
every company has their ups and downs, Morgan just has bad luck like me... its bound to happen sooner or later.

:hammer:

MorganY

Reaction score
appreciate it matt! and JJ all the bolts were tightened LOL. You guys will be the first to know if it gets warrantied. thanks for backing me on this guys

smokinstroker

Reaction score
It was definately a balancing issue. The turbine wheel could have been loose on the shaft too. ALWAYS check with the company your buying products from , it was on comp d and some tuner forms a while back about certain company's not balancing their chargers.

Morgan if you have any problems give me a shout. I have a few contacts on other companies for a new charger.Although I'm sure Matt will make things right.

For everyone's info Morgan sent me a few pics earlier today. Some companies used to require a restrictor in the oil feed, for some reason they thought limiting flow was a good idea. Last I heard that idea was tossed. Morgan's did not have a restrictor and was definately getting oil.

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
stepping up to the plate to offer help, class act fellas on here :blitzed:

Extended Power

Reaction score
Usually the only turbos using a restrictor are ceramic ball bearing turbos like Turbonetics.

Your turbine wheel exploded...mine imploded a couple years ago while beta testing for a untrusted performance shop. (It literally pulled the housing in on itself, and spit it out the exhaust...along with parts of the turbine wheel.)

But even that company replaced my turbo, so you should be looked after for sure.

MorganY

Reaction score
greg- absolutely. will do matt! I really appreciate it everyone. I sent it off this morning. It will be in bills hands Monday.....meanwhile i'll be getting my HPOP this week. :thumbup:

Last edited:

MorganY

Reaction score
Well fellas. Bullseye came through. The wheel was defective. The engineer couldn't tell if anything hit the wheel causing it to fail. He said the wheels were balanced prior to assembly. Engineer said it was not overheated either. :thumbup: bill was very nice to deal with also, sometimes things happen with companies, and they stood behind their product.

Now, i may be Looking to move to a smaller turbo that has 2-3psi at 1500 instead of 1800Rpms: A precision 62/66/.83 ball bearing PT6266. Does anyone know if the precision turbos mount the same as a bullseye s300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online