My build

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the colored in logo on my High Power Atmo Charger? Just thought the all black was a little plain.

IMAG07421_zpsfc96b421.jpg

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Hopefully I will have more to report with the build later this week. Also I know that Mike D dosn't run a blow of valve with his setup, but I see that Erik does? Whats your thoughts on running one on the setup?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I kind of liked the bov, especially if offroading in sand. Can get off throttle suddenly at times. But I did have issues with it and thought I was going to delete it. Going with a JGS(?}bov this time. Mostly all mechanical so no electronics to fail. Will give more info when it gets thrown on.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I was wondering about a bov as well Jerry. Only because of having a manual and having to dump the throttle to shift under a lot of boost at times. But like Erik said there have been issues with some of them and it made me leery to spend $600+ on something that i might have to disconnect.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Hay there guys I seen that a few of you guys were asking how my setup is coming along, and I am still waiting for Elite to get me the High Power Kit. I sold my 60hp Elite Nozzles and am going with 6 hole 30% nozzles. I am also going to put a few extra ccv vents in the drivers side valve cover to help relive some of the pressure created the extra boost. I am pumped to say the least about where this truck is headed and need to get this done a.s.a.p. I am not going to do a B.O.V at this time and see how the newer mechanical one works on Ericks truck first as well as a few others. I will keep you guys informed as progress is made. Morgan I will be calling you here very shortly as well bud.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That new bov works well, but I haven't had much seat time in it. The few times I used it, it worked as needed. It is also pretty cool the way you can connect different gauges to it on the pre filter. That way you get readings without having to worry about soot etc.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Cool man glad to hear more about your build! Looking forward to seeing some videos of this thing. And it looks like we're in the same boat on waiting for turbos:blitzed:(hurry up precision :D)

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
One thing is forsure about this High Power setup that will be going on when I get it is that there will be LOTS of pictures and documentary of everything for everyone to see. I am also going to put up a video with the 30% nozzles, duel fuelers, and high powers so everyone can see what kind of egt's and such are seen at all throttle levels. I was hoping to have this done by this weekend as we have a dyno/truck pull event sponsored. I will have tons of info for all after this one gets going.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I got the MCC unlock a few days ago and will be trying Gearhead tunes with the new setup when it hits the road. A bulilt trans is next on the list.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Things are starting to come alive with the truck again here. I got a call on Tuesday and turbos are said to be shipping out the next day. This means that I will have them for next week. I also made a call to Morgan at Midwest Diesel for some 30% nozzles and I was blown away with his service. I literally got off the phone and a few minutes later I was sent a tracking number and a invoice. Great customer service gets you a long ways with me.:toast: Thanks again to both Elite Diesel and Midwest Diesel. I am excited to get this back on the road.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Things are starting to come alive with the truck again here. I got a call on Tuesday and turbos are said to be shipping out the next day. This means that I will have them for next week. I also made a call to Morgan at Midwest Diesel for some 30% nozzles and I was blown away with his service. I literally got off the phone and a few minutes later I was sent a tracking number and a invoice. Great customer service gets you a long ways with me.:toast: Thanks again to both Elite Diesel and Midwest Diesel. I am excited to get this back on the road.

Ahhh.. Morgan's ok at best. Hahaha!!

Latest posts

Members online