My build

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Well it looks like you, Dillon(webbo6),and myself are all having similar boost issues. I saw a high of 40 psi today. But I have no clue what else I need to look at. Minus a boost leak( which I don't think I have but who knows) I'm not sure what else to do. So keep us posted! And I have a tial gate as well. I think im probably 1 3/4-2 turns on my controler as well.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I am getting new rockers tommorow and then hopefully that takes care of my ticking issue, but time will tell. I will figure my truck out once I get it running again.

BFT

Reaction score
Shouldn't really need custom tuning. When I had HP's I never had custom tuning, just ran it on x race and let her eat. I know I saw over 50 on the DD, this is all on stock sticks with a AD165.
I never got a chance to tune the gates so I didn't see what it all had left, but it had no problems getting sideways on 37" toyos

one2nine

Reaction score
How are you guys tuning the gates? Datalog runs and adjust for ebp? My truck will now be gated so this is all new to me.

BFT

Reaction score
When mike had the HP's on stock fuel, we tuned it with a boost gauge on the 76. Pretty much street tuning

webb06

Reaction score
im getting a sensor on my 76 so that i can monitor how much boost it is putting out and then adjust the gate according to those numbers.

one2nine

Reaction score
I see. I'm thinking datalog a few runs and get it fairly close. How beneficial is dyno tuning for the gates?

BFT

Reaction score
There is a sweet spot for sure, turning it a 1/4 or so at a time makes quite a difference once the gate starts doing work. You can run a boost gauge for quick tuning purposes if you don't have access to a DD. you should see around 25 or so out of the low pressure.

For those with added fuel, I know Haller started to run it to the DP vs in between stages and saw some good gains. (This was in Erik's and Mal's truck)

jdgleason

Reaction score
It all depends. I think there is more to be had out of a lot of our low pressure chargers. I don't think a lot of setups drive the atmosphere hard enough.

For reference, Wayne has seen as much as 45psi out of his atmosphere with 55ish psi total boost... Driving the atmosphere harder should (to a certain point of course) drop egts and make more power.

BFT

Reaction score
I should say when "street" tuning our goal was to keep it around 25psi since the truck was on stick fuel. Anything over that back pressure became an issue

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.