My build

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
The truck hit the roads tonight when I got home from work an hour or so ago. Muther F-er this is SWEET sounding!!!! I left my driveway and three neighbors whom have been watching me over the past few months called and said it sounded amazing. I have a video of the sound I am working on getting up on here for you guys. I also did all my steering upgrades at the same time as the rest of the build, and now I need an alignment. Steering is off pretty good. So before I get TOO nuts with it, I will have to do that. BURNOUT VIDEO will be here soon.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
th_VIDEO0113_zps5a918242.jpg

Look at the steering wheel.:jawdrop: Alingment tommarow to get it fixed so I can drive it without the front tires squeeling over 25 miles per hour. I have only drove the truck about two miles with the setup so far. Tommarow night I should have the truck back and ready to go. I did all new front end parts right away while waiting for the turbo kit to come. This is the video of the first drive around the block after startup.

BFT

Reaction score
Easy fix. Take the inner fender out make sure the wheels are in the straight position, unbolt the steering linkage (13mm bolt), seperate it and turn the steering wheel to the correct position. Should be good until you get it aligned

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
The steering wheel is not the problem, it is that the one tire is straight and the other is towed in majorly. I made up my mind Friday night that I am not messing with it. I want it done right.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Dropped the truck off at the dealership today to have them do the alignment. I am excited as all hell to get the truck back!!! I have a burnout video planned as soon as we leave the dealership!!!!!!

B585Ford

Reaction score
I hate to derail any talk about turbos, fuel, etc., but what all did you do to the steering (besides rotate the wheel 90 degrees)?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Where's the burnout vid?!

I have a sweet burnout video that will be going up as soon as I can get it off the GoPro that it was recorded on. Thanks to the guy at the dealership for doing the filming.:thumbup: So tonight was my first REAL ride in the truck and it is everything that I wanted it to be. I am very happy and am very impressed with how fast the turbos light and come to life. I had to call today to get some prices on tires is all I have to say. :shocked:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a sweet burnout video that will be going up as soon as I can get it off the GoPro that it was recorded on. Thanks to the guy at the dealership for doing the filming.:thumbup: So tonight was my first REAL ride in the truck and it is everything that I wanted it to be. I am very happy and am very impressed with how fast the turbos light and come to life. I had to call today to get some prices on tires is all I have to say. :shocked:

i know what you're saying ! good to hear !

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Hay there guys I am finally back on here after a pretty long break from everything. I got a new job and have been working 70+ hours a week for a good bit now so there was absolutely no time to come on here and keep up with everything. Filling you in where things have left off....Truck ran great upon first putting the turbos and nozzles on. I went out Friday finally to mess with the wastegate settings and after a hard run on the highway, my motor developed a tick. Not a knock, but just a louder ticking noise. Yesterday I pulled it all apart looking for a broken rocker or something and did see a rocker that was rubbing on the side of the fuel rail mount. I am not sure how that would happen, but somehow the bolt must have come loose in there and then the rocker was moving around a bit. The rocker was not broken nor where any others. The one thing that I did see is that on the rocker that was rubbing on the fuel rail mount there was no oiling holes in the tip of the rocker at all like all the others. I know that last winter when we did my intial build, we did replace a few rockers that were tight and this may have been the ones that we put in and never saw that they didn't have oiling holes. But anyhow... I have all new rockers coming for the truck and was really wishing that elite would have theirs done so I could drop them in and not worry about the rocker issues anymore, but I don't see that happening. I am just going to replace all the rockers with new OEM units and put the truck back together and hope the ticking is gone. One other thing that I noticed as well is that I wasn't building much boost with the kit either. The most I hit was 44 psi so far. And when it hit 44 psi I almost think that the gate opened up all the way because it was like it lost power. I have 1 bar of spring in the Tial gate right now with the controller turned 1 3/4 turns from counter clockwise. Is there something that I need to change here? What is the spring rate the rest of you guys are running for the gates? In case it matters, I am gating into the atmo and currently have just the H&S tunes that I am running.

Latest posts

Members online