My build

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I was under the impression that if you gate between the stages and then change the duty cycle on the vgt that you would have a great spooling and powerful setup. What's your thoughts guys?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I was under the impression that if you gate between the stages and then change the duty cycle on the vgt that you would have a great spooling and powerful setup. What's your thoughts guys?

when i was testing that theory with high powers my motor popped. boost came up aboput 10psi and the pistons promptly exited stage left.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That's only one guy, I say go for it and let us know what happens.

my point was that i wasnt able to complete the testing. the power definitely came up sunstantially. but the stock motor out of BFT's truck couldnt handle. id say it was well over 800.
The harder you drive the atmo the better... To a point.

depends alot on the turbine of the atmo. but in theory yes. you want the atmo doing as much work as possible.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
when i was testing that theory with high powers my motor popped. boost came up aboput 10psi and the pistons promptly exited stage left.

But what do you think about a truck running stock fuel? I mean you popped a motor on a wild 1300 horse monster. But on a mild 700 horse(maybe) build wouldn't it be ok?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
But what do you think about a truck running stock fuel? I mean you popped a motor on a wild 1300 horse monster. But on a mild 700 horse(maybe) build wouldn't it be ok?

no this was on my silver truck. it had made 750 prior at 55 psi of boost. i saw 65-67 psi with the duty cycle ramped, truck felt ALOT stronger. my guess was 800-825 . im sure that power increase just exposed weak pistons. i never got a chance to datalog bp , but i assume it came up a good bit.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
no this was on my silver truck. it had made 750 prior at 55 psi of boost. i saw 65-67 psi with the duty cycle ramped, truck felt ALOT stronger. my guess was 800-825 . im sure that power increase just exposed weak pistons. i never got a chance to datalog bp , but i assume it came up a good bit.

Ahhhh I see now. Sorry I thought it was godzilla. That truck still had dual pumps and 110 nozzles though right?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score

Mike did the silver truck have the stock pistions at the time they popped or where the stockers? I assume they were the stockers, but just want to make sure.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.