My build

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
How do you get a pressure with out a direct reference.

we used the atmo port and a manual boost gauge on mine the first time, then for me to do it and watch myself i used dutin's maximizer on my dash daq using a map sensor plumbed into the atmo port , rescaled per dustin's math.

webb06

Reaction score
we used the atmo port and a manual boost gauge on mine the first time, then for me to do it and watch myself i used dutin's maximizer on my dash daq using a map sensor plumbed into the atmo port , rescaled per dustin's math.

im getting that there thing-a-ma-jig

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I changed out my rockers today for a new set of Ford ones and put it all back together to see if that takes care of the ticking noise that I have been hearing from the engine bay. New rockers installed and fired it up and she is still ticking so I will have to hook it up to the IDS scanner and see if we can find anything there with that. :shrug:

On the good side of things, after reinstalling all the parts back on the truck, I went for a few rides and dialed in the wastegate. WOW is that a difference!!! Truck was only making 44 psi before without the gate being setup properly, and now is making 58psi of boost with 70 psi of backpressure. The thing that I noticed the most though is how fast the turbos come alive and how fast they make big boost numbers with the gate being setup correctly. I LOVE the setup and it is fun as all hell to drive now.

:D

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Its most likely a lifter if its just a little tick

Can you hear it more like light load light throttle higher than idle rpm?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Diesel23

Reaction score
awesome glad to hear you like !!! sorry to hear about the tick got to be something simple

Wayne

Reaction score
Check exhaust manifold bolts. Mine had a scary sounding tick that ended up being a blown exhaust manifold gasket when a couple bolts got loose. I will never again re-use manifold bolts.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Check exhaust manifold bolts. Mine had a scary sounding tick that ended up being a blown exhaust manifold gasket when a couple bolts got loose. I will never again re-use manifold bolts.

Ford claims always replace. Figured it was more of a corrosion deal but maybe they are torque to yield

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

08BIGRIG

Reaction score

Ill check this as well Wayne. Thanks. Last night I took the truck to the Home Depot to get some materials and after coming back out of the store the truck would not want to run. It starts and idels REALLY low and then shuts itself off. There are no codes that come up on the Black Maxx and no wrench light on the dash. Weird thing is that it will start everytime but idels super low and then just shuts off. Also when ideling really low you can step on gas pedel and it doesn't do anything. Also you can not shift out of park either. This is weird.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
My 6.0 would do that. Only did it when it was super cold though and I think I had a glow and or injector problem. Probably not even close to related to your problem though.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my POS phone

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Went to the Home Depot today to tow my truck and it started up and was smoking like a pig. Let it idel for a little bit and then it started to clear up. I drove the truck down to Performance Diesel and it will go onto the scanner tommarow. Pretty sure it has an injector going out.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Ya that would be awesome if it is just an injector!! I would be tickled pink if that's all it was. I will keep you guys posted.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Little update here on my truck... 1 injector is pretty much completely done and 2 others are on the way out. So I bought 8 new injectors and will be getting new nozzles for them as well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.