My build

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I have just under 70k on the injectors, but they have been out of the truck three times now and nozzles have been swapped two different times as well. Once was with 60hp 8 hole nozzles and then 30% 6 hole nozzles. I am just happy that it was injectors and not something more I guess as I can change them out in a day. I am getting the nozzles and then will be putting them on the new injectors hopefully Monday or Tuesday. I have been thinking about putting the new nozzles on and then sending all the injectors to be bench flowed to see how close the flow is on the injectors before putting them in the truck. What do you guys think about this idea???

powerstroked08

Reaction score
It can't hurt. I mean why not see how they flow, their already out and the trucks down anyhow. Hey you never know you might find something:shrug:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I was told that its a crap shoot when you put new nozzles on a used injector. It may work, or you may have issues. I did all the work so there is nobody to blame other than myself for this.LOL I was wondering how many times you can do a nozzles swap before you have issues, and I guess I answered my own question now.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
my injectors have had 60s, 110s, 150s, and 200s on them and never been flowed. Only had one issue with an injector failing with 60s on it, put a factory ford injector in and never had any problems since (knock on wood)

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
my injectors have had 60s, 110s, 150s, and 200s on them and never been flowed. Only had one issue with an injector failing with 60s on it, put a factory ford injector in and never had any problems since (knock on wood)

Dustin you have much better luck than I did. Who knows why it happened, but all I know is that I now have 8 new injectors and will soon have some nozzles for it as well. I am most likely going to stay with 6 hole 30% nozzles.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Dustin you have much better luck than I did. Who knows why it happened, but all I know is that I now have 8 new injectors and will soon have some nozzles for it as well. I am most likely going to stay with 6 hole 30% nozzles.

Good choice

Hellen Keller sent this?

B585Ford

Reaction score

Injectors scare the h#ll out of me cause I am always worried one will hang open and crack a piston. Just curious, but are you gonna scope while they are out?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
No I am not. I am going to change the injectors out with all new stuff and then let'er rip.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
So since the last time that I updated this kind of a lot has happened with the truck. Last post I put up was right before I changed out all 8 injectors. I put in 8 new Ford injectors along with new 30% nozzles from Midwest Diesel and fired the truck up. It ran really well and had its power back with no excessive smoke now. After driving the truck for a few days I noticed it was starting to leak when it got cold out. That is in my other theard, but long story short I went through three pumps and all were new remaned pumps that were leaking straight from Ford. I was fed up with the diesel fuel leaking every time it was really cold out and took the duel fueler kit entirely off the truck. So at this time I was currently running 30% nozzles on one pump in the valley. It will maintain RP on the 300 tune on the first two settings. (No Power=50hp, and Mild=150) Although it will maintain at those two settings, it feels like the truck is missing some power from when it had the duel fuelers. I loved the power, quick throttle response, and overall feel with the duel fuelers, but there were a lot of things that I was thinking about that made the decision easier to take the duel fuelers off the truck. I just wanted to stop the fuel leaking and make the truck easy to work on again.

So... :gun:

To be continued.:evil

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Now thats just a tease Jerry! But hey man i'm glad you have something else on the burner. It is a shame that there is apparently an issue with pumps now.

Oh and now I have to check this thread constantly since you wont spill the beans:D

Last edited:

Diesel23

Reaction score
I figured u had something up your sleeve ,glad to hear your not throwing in the towel, you deserve a break , hopefully it will work out for the better

3brorce

Reaction score
I had talked to Jerry on the phone for probably 45mins and he was very tight lipped about his plans I was impressed to say the least haha.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.