My build

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This is like taking crack away from an addict, and its only been one day since the turbos have been out of my truck. LOL I am in no big hurry really, so whatever.

im gonna throw this out here, even with ih coated pistons im not sure id feel comfy making over 800 in something i drive everyday. trans and motor will end up hating life. DD's IMO should be mid 7's, if you ask for more you ask for trouble. just my 2 cents.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
im gonna throw this out here, even with ih coated pistons im not sure id feel comfy making over 800 in something i drive everyday. trans and motor will end up hating life. DD's IMO should be mid 7's, if you ask for more you ask for trouble. just my 2 cents.

Well...what I was thinking about doing would be to not drive the truck everyday as I have another truck, but when I did drive it on the street I could run my Black Maxx on like the lower pw setting(stock or mild) and pull back some power. Then when I hit the track, just turn it up to the Hot setting and let it eat. I dont need 1000 hp or anything, just need something fun and that has great power at a good price. The price on the Raw Power setup is very appealing to me for what you get I guess is how I look at it. A economical way to have nice power. I really dont even know what kind of power a setup like the 66/88 would put out to be honest with you. I was thinking around 900 maybe with 110 hp nozzles, 950 maybe with 150 nozzles, and 1000 with 200 nozzles. Am I in the ballpark with those numbers?

Mike I totally get what you are saying about that asking for trouble thought. If I knew someone that had High Powers for sale right now for a decent price, I would probably be very intrested.

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score
When you change the 59mm vgt to a 66mm vgt doesn't the raw powers basically become like Max Power X's?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Matt the 88 that is used in the Raw Power Setup is a Journal Bearing turbo and the 88 used in the Max Power X setup is a ball bearing turbo. That is where the difference is with the setup.

Motostroker

Reaction score
If your looking for an economical way for power. Try precisions PT80 over a 62 vgt. Keep your 60hp nozzles, run a high PW tune,and gate into your atmo to push it a little harder. Just throwing ideas an food for thought.

Wayne

Reaction score
http://www.precisionturbo.net/products/details/Entry-Level-Turbocharger---PT88-MFS/519

^^^Here's the little guy that comes with the "raw power" compounds.
We're actually in the process of revising it to maintain excellent spool-up, eliminate the likelihood of a dead spot before the big charger comes on, and still keep the price in check for a budget minded build. It will likely be 66/88 in final form. Some of the info we've gathered with VGT testing will allow us to improve spool-up over our existing 66 mm VGT, and have big top end power. Will it be as good as the max power plus setup? No, but it will cost a lot less, and still be capable of some real nice power numbers, while maintaining good street manners. If you're ready to try these, just give me a call, and we can go over details. If you'd rather wait for my results though, that's cool too.

Erikclaw

Reaction score

Hahahaha, FTW go big. You are more than likely right, but *** it who wants to be normal?

Wayne

Reaction score
When you change the 59mm vgt to a 66mm vgt doesn't the raw powers basically become like Max Power X's?

A huge part of the cost of the Vgt is in machining the larger cover and center cartridge to accept it. There's also the rocker box and intercooler pipe which add cost. We are looking into more economical ways to fit a 66 that may not be quite as nice as the setup on the max power plus setup, but close, and a fair amount less.

Despite both turbos being 88's, there are quite a few things that affect price and performance. Hopefully that is clear enough. If not, I'll just do my best to get it tested.

Matt

Reaction score
A huge part of the cost of the Vgt is in machining the larger cover and center cartridge to accept it. There's also the rocker box and intercooler pipe which add cost. We are looking into more economical ways to fit a 66 that may not be quite as nice as the setup on the max power plus setup, but close, and a fair amount less.

Despite both turbos being 88's, there are quite a few things that affect price and performance. Hopefully that is clear enough. If not, I'll just do my best to get it tested.

I understand completely and look forward to the results.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I called Elite today and left a message for you guys, but did not hear back. I am thinking you guys were in church all day today praying.:priest:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Well after taking a little while to think about the next setup I am going to do, I am happy to say that High Powers are the new chargers of choice. I am excited to get the setup started!!!

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I know that if I do these and need more down the road, the High Power X setup would not be all that hard to switch too. I have a feeling I will be very happy with the High Power setup though.

Latest posts

Members online