My MPD S475 Kit.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Hey jd would you mind putting up a entire build list of the truck ?

As far as turbos goes the kit I sent Mikey had the 75/83/.90ar which is our normal s475 kit
Me and nick are running the race setup which is 75/87/1.0 or 1.10 which picks up alot of horsepower and lowers bp

I never once had a problem with backpressure but there are some difference between the two trucks

Of course let me get with Tadd to make sure I don't screw it up

MINK

Reaction score
Hey jd would you mind putting up a entire build list of the truck ?

As far as turbos goes the kit I sent Mikey had the 75/83/.90ar which is our normal s475 kit
Me and nick are running the race setup which is 75/87/1.0 or 1.10 which picks up alot of horsepower and lowers bp

I never once had a problem with backpressure but there are some difference between the two trucks

Thats the info I was looking for - the 83 wheel is where this issue is with bp IMO.

BUT wasnt the same setup around 1:1 when Craig first ran it?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Thats the info I was looking for - the 83 wheel is where this issue is with bp IMO.

BUT wasnt the same setup around 1:1 when Craig first ran it?

Yes i never had issue but i had different injector nozzles and I had a stock cam

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Just wondering here. How cpme you guys start the dyno at 3k and rev to 4.5k.

Sent from my Droid Charge

I start the sampling at any time I push the green button. The reason it starts a 3k is because it didn't make any boost till around 3k so thats where I started the run. The reason we ran it out to 4.5 is because tadd wanted to know how the cam affected it at those rpms. I did do a full run from 2k though.

fullrunwithbatmo.jpg

blackmonster

Reaction score
Take your fight somewhere else....

What turbine wheel are you guys running? I dont get why theres so much crying - cant we wait for all the dyno graphs first ladys?

I am not looking for a fight man. I am just saying do the dyno with the same parts.

blackmonster

Reaction score
Move this to your own thread Joe. There's no need for it here. I'm not on anyone's side but keep this thread on track.

Ok I was just saying to keep all the parts the same. So it is a true test. Then JD jumps all over me. There was others that agreed.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
I start the sampling at any time I push the green button. The reason it starts a 3k is because it didn't make any boost till around 3k so thats where I started the run. The reason we ran it out to 4.5 is because tadd wanted to know how the cam affected it at those rpms. I did do a full run from 2k though.

fullrunwithbatmo.jpg

Ah ok. Do you guys brake spool at all

Sent from my Droid Charge

White_monster

Reaction score
Exactly!! It was not the same set up and don't get smart with me because i have enough to write a #200 page horrow story about my Elite Experience.

Originally Posted by blackmonster
Because i my ex Elite parts suck and i wasted over $60K and nothing to show for it!! I am looking for somthing that works. I am bitter yes. You would be also! I hear it was not there parts. Well then Aaron does not know what he is doing?? I think not.

I take that back. I can't say Elite parts suck because other guys like Mall have had good ex with their trucks. But i did not. And i am not going to blame Aaron for all the failures. So i am just left feeling bitter. I just am looking for something that works.

Ok I was just saying to keep all the parts the same. So it is a true test. Then JD jumps all over me. There was others that agreed.

Joe here's where you brought unrelevent info in. Anyways derail over.

I am too curious on Tadd's engine specs. Might shed some light on where some issues lie.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
:naughty: there ya go! That is the eventual goal. This thing is a test mule. 3 single turbos were tested on this truck yesterday. I'm sure all that data will end up in another thread if not here. We'll let the results speak for themselves.

I just got my fortune tellers license. LOL

Wayne

Reaction score
I am not looking for a fight man. I am just saying do the dyno with the same parts.

Elite is not interested in doing an exact apples to apples comparison for MPD's parts. An apples to apples turbo comparison was one of the goals during the testing between a couple turbos we have, and wanted to see perform against the batmowheel s475. That goal was met. If MPD wants to do an elevation comparison they're welcome to. The only way to keep everyone from crying foul anyway is to actually have Craig's truck on the dyno here.

Craig: I don't know all the engine specifics, but here's a link to some of the info of what it has http://www.elitedieselengineering.com/blog/?cat=1 It's the section under "race truck engine build"
As Dustin stated, the intake is an extrude honed stock manifold (our ported unit that was available before the fancy machined ones came out) with a 3.5" v-band inlet. This truck has only been running for about a week now, and has been down for over a year with no time to work on shop/personal vehicles during the week. We're just happy that it's together and running at this point.

jdgleason

Reaction score

I didnt jump all over you. I thought it was funny that you said elite parts suck and they don't work. The reason that's funny is the fastest ford on the planet broke all kinds of records with our parts. Your truck was awesome and the failure you had was due to melted lines.... Which were not elites.

Thought it was far enough off the wall that it was funny. You said you took it back and I made no real mention of it. Thanks for taking it back, and if I can ever help you in the future, let me know joe.

Sorry for the derail.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Intercooler maybe??

Stock intake manifold right now.

Well that could explain some of the bp right.

You are a terrible fisherman LOL

The deal is very, very clear here. Not once has anybody said "Oh, craig is going down and were gonna make sure this turbo setup fails!". Ask some of you posting in this thread and thats what you think is going on here, lol. The facts are that the batmo s475 didn't lit remotely close to acceptable for a daily driven truck at altitude. Is that a big surprise? No, not really. Does it have anything to do with MPD? No, not at all. Its no different than a Cummins with a big, responsive single at sea level that takes a weekend trip through the mountains at 4-5000'. Does that truck preform on those long steep grades like it would at say 3-400'? No, absolutely not. Does that mean the truck is a piece of crap and the turbo manufacturer is selling junk? Nope. It just means that the truck can't do what it can at sea level, at altitude. Guess what helps overcome that? VGT turbos. This whole gripe is stemmed from one person, IMO and his mouth. For the longest time everybody was really accepting of both setups until comments started being thrown around about how people don't need to waste their money on Elite VGT turbo setups because they don't work, east coast air must make this stuff work, yada, yada, yada. Ever since then, everybody has wanted to see a test of a big single like MPD's at altitude. I'd say both camps have wanted to put this one to rest with facts for awhile now and it finally has came to light and now people aren't happy with the results, lol. Guess what? Nobody said it was to be a direct comparison to craig's truck. Its a single turbo kit that was purchased to see just how responsive it would be at altitude. The results came back, it makes way less power than Craig's truck, it isn't nearly as responsive at 5000' as Craig's truck is at sea level, and it isn't daily driver friendly with altitude. It has nothing to do with Craig or anything else other than elevation difference. Thats it.

I hope Tadd brings different singles with him to Arizona races to run back to back passes for comparison. Atleast there, elevation wound play such a big role in the lack of performance and maybe people will be more accepting of the results(good or bad) there.

Latest posts

Members online