My MPD S475 Kit.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Not exactly a perfect analogy but..any football fans, what is all over the sidelines when your team plays in Denver? Oxygen tanks...why? Because the players cant get all the oxygen they need because of the elevation

The same thing happens with trucks...the Turbos are still pressurizing the air..but the air at that level isn't as dense as at sea level, therefore not as much oxygen in the air at x psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Boost and BP were both in between 58-60. This was on a 1.10 housing.

Sent from my DROID Pro

Ok thanks

I do know the turbine on the kit that was tested was a .90 but I thought Craig had good luck with that turbine all the way up to 78 psi ?

extreme3807

Reaction score
I believe he did as well with the .90. The 1.10 spool a bit slower but makes more top end power. I am going to switch to the 1.0 on my new turbo after talking to craig. What was the boost and BP numbers on the dyno on X-race? I might have missed it somewhere

Sent from my DROID Pro

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I believe he did as well with the .90. The 1.10 spool a bit slower but makes more top end power. I am going to switch to the 1.0 on my new turbo after talking to craig. What was the boost and BP numbers on the dyno on X-race? I might have missed it somewhere

Sent from my DROID Pro

It maxed the back pressure sensor out at 86 psi absolute early in the run. Only made 52 on the dyno for boost. But I.guess it only made about 55 on the street

idkillinit

Reaction score
So smaller injectors for the kit in a CCSB is what you guys would want to see?

Doesn't matter what truck its in. I just expected to see comparable fuel that's all. Guess I assumed wrong and your right a huge single with huge fuel won't work at elevation

extreme3807

Reaction score
Sounds like what mine did. Took it out for a drive after the dyno and went from 58-60 to 70. That's crazy you guys maxed out the BP sensor with boost only in the 50's

Sent from my DROID Pro

idkillinit

Reaction score
Sounds like what mine did. Took it out for a drive after the dyno and went from 58-60 to 70. That's crazy you guys maxed out the BP sensor with boost only in the 50's

Sent from my DROID Pro

Is there anything else that would cause that besides the housing. It has the exhaust man's and upipes with the intake man right??

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what truck its in. I just expected to see comparable fuel that's all. Guess I assumed wrong and your right a huge single with huge fuel won't work at elevation

The injectors are roughly 5 lpm larger... doing the math...

and like I said I think the tune had less pw than what Craig runs...

Maybe it was a little overfueled but without actually flow testing two injectors on the same bench we will.never truely know.

I think the whole deal is they picked out injectors long before they ever planned to do the single

extreme3807

Reaction score
Correct it is the manifolds, intake, and up pipes that come in the MPD kit. Craig doesn't have the X-Race issues that myself or tadd's truck is seeing. I am pretty much running the same setup as Craig, not sure why it is doing this

Sent from my DROID Pro

blackmonster

Reaction score
I take that back. I can't say Elite parts suck because other guys like Mall have had good ex with their trucks. But i did not. And i am not going to blame Aaron for all the failures. So i am just left feeling bitter. I just am looking for something that works.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Here are the dyno graphs sorry for the delay. The first one is extreme race, which was way to much fuel. The second run was using extreme street which was slightly better. I will load the videos tomorrow when I can use my computer at work.

batmoextremerace.jpg

Batmoextremestreet.jpg

idkillinit

Reaction score
I take that back. I can't say Elite parts suck because other guys like Mall have had good ex with their trucks. But i did not. And i am not going to blame Aaron for all the failures. So i am just left feeling bitter. I just am looking for something that works.

Well said Joe.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Stock intake manifold right now.

Hey jd would you mind putting up a entire build list of the truck ?

As far as turbos goes the kit I sent Mikey had the 75/83/.90ar which is our normal s475 kit
Me and nick are running the race setup which is 75/87/1.0 or 1.10 which picks up alot of horsepower and lowers bp

I never once had a problem with backpressure but there are some difference between the two trucks

Latest posts

Members online