My MPD S475 Kit.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Why do you guys want a. Apples so bad? There was several turbos tried on the same.truck same day same dyno... that's all it was just a compareson

BFT

Reaction score
Bigrpowr had said in the beginning of this thread that he got the kit to see for himself what the kit was about and it's reaction to elevation changes.
The comments made on one persons sole opinion (regardless of whatever company)turned into a pointing match. The whole east coast vs west coast thing is a load of sh!t.

Like said before, elevation makes a huge difference. Coming from sea level myself, I can tell you that towing from southen Cali to Wyoming or Denver, and going through flagstaff az, parts of new Mexico (which range around 6-7000+ elevation) will make the truck deal like a slug.
The guys at elite and other companies at elevation are all too familiar with making power at where they're at.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Hell just tell Craig to freight his truck to elite.... Same truck.. so same apple... Is there any high altitude by craig that he could run it at?

Heck no! LOL. Closest elevation to where we live is 3-4 hours away and I doubt even 2500ft.

Sent from my iPhone that is fueled by haters

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I'm thinking that they feel mpd isn't getting a fair treatment, I kinda agree but when you oreder a single kit you choose what fuel your gonna run so Fwiw they did say the kit was clean and easy to install, they gave mpd the credit they needed the combination elite ran was different then craigs truck and elite didnt have good spool up with it, does it mean its a bad kit? No just that combination wasn't ideal at that elevation... Elite is trying to firgure out what works best for that truck at that altitude and with a certain persons driving habits...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The intent was never to recreate what Craig has done. I'd that were so they wouldn't have used a truck with a can Ect. Just a test mule ...

Maybe tadd or someone should chime in but forwhatever reason you guys take this as a bash fest against mpd or whatever. It was not. Mike just wanted to see in person it makes power.

Only thing I can't figure out is why the back pressure was so high

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Dustin if you over fuel a turbo won't it read higher bp because its harder to spool? I could be wrong just throwing that out there

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Dustin if you over fuel a turbo won't it read higher bp because its harder to spool? I could be wrong just throwing that out there

Not that I have ever seen but I personally don't know. Usually when you have high drive pressure its because the.turbine is too small for the compressor side

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I don't see any bashing in this at all...they strapped it on at elevation with fuel...said hey here's the results, a big single will not work as well at elevation...its not hard to understand the air isn't as dense...Dustin has tried how many different set ups at that altitude and now has one that works for him...with a vgt, there's a reason for that...altitude

Guys that don't live half a mile + above sea level, ya it'll spool better but manners go away as you go up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINK

Reaction score
Because i my ex Elite parts suck and i wasted over $60K and nothing to show for it!! I am looking for somthing that works. I am bitter yes. You would be also! I hear it was not there parts. Well then Aaron does not know what he is doing?? I think not.

Take your fight somewhere else....

What turbine wheel are you guys running? I dont get why theres so much crying - cant we wait for all the dyno graphs first ladys?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Because i my ex Elite parts suck and i wasted over $60K and nothing to show for it!! I am looking for somthing that works. I am bitter yes. You would be also! I hear it was not there parts. Well then Aaron does not know what he is doing?? I think not.

Well if your bitter then these conversations probably arent for you. I understand your unhappy. But there are other similar set ups that work just fine.

Your wastegate lines were melted man... that's not really elites problem don't you think? I would have loved to help thru your set up.

What are you planning on.running now Joe?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I don't see any bashing in this at all...they strapped it on at elevation with fuel...said hey here's the results, a big single will not work as well at elevation...its not hard to understand the air isn't as dense...Dustin has tried how many different set ups at that altitude and now has one that works for him...with a vgt, there's a reason for that...altitude

Guys that don't live half a mile + above sea level, ya it'll spool better but manners go away as you go up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great post Josh

Up till now the only thing tried at altitude was a smaller Gt42 and basically stock fuel. I was excited to.see a single with.some fuel up here. I.always wondered if its what I was lacking. And to.a.degree it probably was but it's a whole different game up here. Ask anyone that's been.here.

BFT

Reaction score
Elevation sucks for sure. I felt bad for the guy the cleaned hallers dyno after my truck was on it LOL

Latest posts

Members online