My MPD S475 Kit.

idkillinit

Reaction score
I've stayed out of this one but i can't help but wonder if using such big injectors at high altitude wasn't a set up for failure. I mean come on craigs are much smaller with plenty of fuel at sea level.. please clarify that you just didn't feel like switching them or plan or putting 3 stages in it.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I've stayed out of this one but i can't help but wonder if using such big injectors at high altitude wasn't a set up for failure. I mean come on craigs are much smaller with plenty of fuel at sea level.. please clarify that you just didn't feel like switching them or plan or putting 3 stages in it.
Not setting anything up for failure at all... Those injectors are close to what Craig has and we thought it would be a good comparison. Plus, the truck will be getting more air soon and it made sense to do things once.
What else did you guys play around with on the dyno, besides the duramax, 6.0 and tadds truck?

Dustin's truck, mals, Wayne's, and mine.

idkillinit

Reaction score
Not setting anything up for failure at all... Those injectors are close to what Craig has and we thought it would be a good comparison. Plus, the truck will be getting more air soon and it made sense to do things once.

Dustin's truck, mals, Wayne's, and mine.

These injectors are considerably larger. And it was already known that for fuel only even craigs are to much to clean up. Anyway its not a fair statement to judge spool up especially at elevation with waaay to much fuel. It will make Sooo nasty spray numbers and that is all this setup should be judged as

jdgleason

Reaction score
Again I can't see how this is even a statement with that much fuel. This is the exact statement I was trying to avoid by asking why it had so much fuel. As the competition this statement using 250s looks like a setup for failure.

Then why did you ask again? We told you why it has the fuel it does. We dropped the tune in the truck to a much smaller pulse width to accommodate the larger nozzles. The truck also has 4.56 gears, so that charger had every advantage to spool quickly. We never came out and said anything bad about it at all.

jdgleason

Reaction score
These injectors are considerably larger. And it was already known that for fuel only even craigs are to much to clean up. Anyway its not a fair statement to judge spool up especially at elevation with waaay to much fuel. It will make Sooo nasty spray numbers and that is all this setup should be judged as
We really didn't judge this charger...... That's the whole point. You're assuming we did... And we didn't. I put up a video of it and didn't say a thing. You're making a bigger deal of this than it really is.
Didn't you guys put a cam in it?

The truck does have a cam, yes.

idkillinit

Reaction score
You asked how this setup spooled. Anthony answered honestly. It didn't spool well. Are you Implying he should have lied?

I'm saying that is should have been stated that the injectors and cam in the motor are intended for a nitrous application and that it wouldn't be a fair comparison without nitrous to judge spool up. Just like you would have if it was a elite kit.

NathannialD

Reaction score
I'm saying that is should have been stated that the injectors and cam in the motor are intended for a nitrous application and that it wouldn't be a fair comparison without nitrous to judge spool up. Just like you would have if it was a elite kit.

this motor was not intended for N20, it is Tadd's daily driver that was available for turbo testing, bigger nozzles with a lower tune will deliver as much fuel as smaller nozzles with a bigger tune......

the turbo will spool but you cant really do much with the truck since it makes 3lbs of boost cruzing even with 4.56 gears, in a comp only app the turbo would do fine even at our elevation but isnt very idea for street/city driving.

when they say that the turbo didnt spool that well they are comparing to every other setup, vgt, other sized turbos on different trucks, etc. as i said above its all about what application the turbo is used for.

Latest posts

Members online