My MPD S475 Kit.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I'm saying that is should have been stated that the injectors and cam in the motor are intended for a nitrous application and that it wouldn't be a fair comparison without nitrous to judge spool up. Just like you would have if it was a elite kit.

The cam should help spool up, should it not? The truck wont be a nitrous truck or a track queen. It will be daily driven with different chargers. No other changes than turbos. I dont understand why you're so hung up on this. We said hey we dyno'd an s475 kit. It made pretty good numbers. Here's a video. Watch it if you wish.

This was in wake of other trucks that made good power yesterday... Dustin's truck made 850 and mals made consistent 880-890 pulls. It was a good day for fords yesterday and you're making it sound like we maliciously bashed Mpd. It didn't happen.

In all honesty, no matter what size injectors you run, I personally don't see a single that large working at this altitude on a 6.4. a buddy of mine has a 71mm single on his built, blue printed, balanced cummins, and it doesn't drive well, plus towing is out of the picture.

Dustin tried a single and then a single with a procharger and reported that it didn't work well out here. The altitude is pretty unforgiving as far as making big power and retaining awesome spool up goes. Now, if your truck is a weekend toy then a single can be fun and make big power. I wouldn't wanna tow a horse trailer around with one, however.

No smoke and mirrors, no bs, but this setup (tadds truck in specific) didn't drive well out here. Those of us at altitude like vgt stuff for a reason, and it's not because we like spending extra money.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The can should have helped alot actually because on the dyno it wouldn't make any power below 3000 rpm once it lit it moved. The cam made power all the way to 4500 rpm where the fueling cut out. So if anything the cam should have helped a ton. ***er makes power as a single there is no doubt

idkillinit

Reaction score
this motor was not intended for N20, it is Tadd's daily driver that was available for turbo testing, bigger nozzles with a lower tune will deliver as much fuel as smaller nozzles with a bigger tune......

the turbo will spool but you cant really do much with the truck since it makes 3lbs of boost cruzing even with 4.56 gears, in a comp only app the turbo would do fine even at our elevation but isnt very idea for street/city driving.

when they say that the turbo didnt spool that well they are comparing to every other setup, vgt, other sized turbos on different trucks, etc. as i said above its all about what application the turbo is used for.

So its his daily driver and wasn't built for nitrous. So you thought it was a good idea to use 250s for daily diving. Hmm. Ok. But it was just stated above that it was intended for nitrous that's why it has 250s. Hmmm. You detuned it. No you switched to extreme street which only changes pulse width which is by no means the only way to control fuel. What about the spray rate. Or the fact that the pattern will get sloppy on huge injectors and won't combust properly.

Look if you built it for a daily then it was thought out wrong. If you built it for nitrous use then don't complain about driveablility. If you want to see how well craigs setup spools at elevation then use the same fuel set up he claims works so well and compare it.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
So its his daily driver and wasn't built for nitrous. So you thought it was a good idea to use 250s for daily diving. Hmm. Ok. But it was just stated above that it was intended for nitrous that's why it has 250s. Hmmm. You detuned it. No you switched to extreme street which only changes pulse width which is by no means the only way to control fuel. What about the spray rate. Or the fact that the pattern will get sloppy on huge injectors and won't combust properly.

Look if you built it for a daily then it was thought out wrong. If you built it for nitrous use then don't complain about driveablility. If you want to see how well craigs setup spools at elevation then use the same fuel set up he claims works so well and compare it.

Do you live in Roswell? Holy ***. The truck didn't work at elevation. Its not a conspiracy theory. Its fact. Craig's works at sea level and works well as seen by yesterdays track times. This has been an ongoing topic of question for sometime and the results are finally in to lay this one to rest. Lay off, or strip your truck down, drive to Pueblo and report back. Jeez

idkillinit

Reaction score
Do you live in Roswell? Holy ***. The truck didn't work at elevation. Its not a conspiracy theory. Its fact. Craig's works at sea level and works well as seen by yesterdays track times. This has been an ongoing topic of question for sometime and the results are finally in to lay this one to rest. Lay off, or strip your truck down, drive to Pueblo and report back. Jeez

I'm done. It was a fair comparison with similar fuel and tuning. It just won't work.

jdgleason

Reaction score

Ok now you're really startin to shine as a dude who doesn't know his ass from his elbow. Do you know what the difference between 1.75 and 2.3 pulse width is? Cuz it's friggin huge. Let's forget all about the 475. Why don't you think 250s would work for daily driving? In your infinite knowledge and experience, please enlighten us.

Why don't we look at duramaxes for example. Duramaxes dd WAY bigger nozzles than that all the time. Have for years as a matter of fact. It's all about tuning and airflow, correct? Correct. So, who are you to say it was setup incorrectly? Since obviously you must know what the future plans for this truck are, do you care to share with us? Any idea what kinda cfm that truck will see?

<------- lets pretend this arrow is pointing to a box. You go ahead and keep thinking inside of that box and the rest of us will be over here ----->

idkillinit

Reaction score
Ok now you're really startin to shine as a dude who doesn't know his ass from his elbow. Do you know what the difference between 1.75 and 2.3 pulse width is? Cuz it's friggin huge. Let's forget all about the 475. Why don't you think 250s would work for daily driving? In your infinite knowledge and experience, please enlighten us.

Why don't we look at duramaxes for example. Duramaxes dd WAY bigger nozzles than that all the time. Have for years as a matter of fact. It's all about tuning and airflow, correct? Correct. So, who are you to say it was setup incorrectly? Since obviously you must know what the future plans for this truck are, do you care to share with us? Any idea what kinda cfm that truck will see?

<------- lets pretend this arrow is pointing to a box. You go ahead and keep thinking inside of that box and the rest of us will be over here ----->

So everyone should just buy 250s and detune them then. Yup that's it might as well quit selling all the smaller ones because they are useless.

Dzchey21

Reaction score

Aj I think your over looking some things. The injectors in that truck are only a couple lpm larger than craigs.

And what do you mean about spray rate?
I also think that craigs xstreet has 2.2 pw and tadds truck had 2.0 if I remember right. So there should have plenty of fuel back. And the injection doesn't get sloppy if its maintaining 25k rail pressure

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I'm done. It was a fair comparison with similar fuel and tuning. It just won't work.

You live at 16ft above sea level.... Tadd is at 5300ft. Its fair to say what may work for you and others on the east coast isn't gonna work *as well* for others who daily drive trucks at elevations 5,284ft higher then where you are

BFT

Reaction score
I swear I remember saying to keep it cool and I'm sure I didnt say it in Mexican.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Would the reasoning for running them at a low pw so you could spray for the track or the dyno by changing the tune?

No you make.more power by delivering a large amount of fuel in a shorter period of time as long as its the right amount of fuel

Latest posts

Members online