NEW 6.4/6.0 Manifolds just in!!

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I see no possible way for these to pick up anywhere near a second just swapping manifolds and up pipes...that would say a 6.4 on a race tune would do 11.9s...I could maybe are .1-.2 because of spool up on the low end but these trucks are far from laggy so even that is in the air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idkillinit

Reaction score
I see no possible way for these to pick up anywhere near a second just swapping manifolds and up pipes...that would say a 6.4 on a race tune would do 11.9s...I could maybe are .1-.2 because of spool up on the low end but these trucks are far from laggy so even that is in the air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.3 was being generous. It would be sick to see a ccsb doin 12.5 with just tune tho.

Rene G

Reaction score
First, learn how to use quotes on the forums so I can read your uninformed posts :doh:

Horsepower is the most important ingredient in acceleration vs. time. While some emphasis on torque is important, it has a very small effect regarding drag racing. My truck never see's below 2500 rpm at the track, yet makes peak tq about 2100 rpm. Torque is merely a mathematical equation based of rpm and hp.

OK...I will wager you $10,000 that changing only a manifold will pick up one full sec. on ANY truck! Name the time and place and show up with the cash.

120 increase in tq ain't going to get you a sec.! :doh: That is about a 50-60 hp max increase in hp on a diesel and it will take you 250+ hp to gain a sec. in any vehicle.

I'm pretty sure that horsepower is a result of RPM X Torque and a constant.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I also forgot to mention that my truck made 65 psi where it usually sees 70 on the street... no problems there

steedspeed

Reaction score
So if we have a 500 hp truck with a powerstroke and we line it up against a truck with lets say someone went crazy and installed a Honda 4 cyl with 750 hp from a Prelude.

With money on the line, which truck do you want to pick to win?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
So if we have a 500 hp truck with a powerstroke and we line it up against a truck with lets say someone went crazy and installed a Honda 4 cyl with 750 hp from a Prelude.

With money on the line, which truck do you want to pick to win?

Depends on how many rpm that 4cy makes 700 HP.... its about power under the curve!

flippincgfighter

Reaction score
First, learn how to use quotes on the forums so I can read your uninformed posts :doh:

Horsepower is the most important ingredient in acceleration vs. time. While some emphasis on torque is important, it has a very small effect regarding drag racing. My truck never see's below 2500 rpm at the track, yet makes peak tq about 2100 rpm. Torque is merely a mathematical equation based of rpm and hp.

??? He may need to learn how to use quotes, but you need to brush up on your fundamental dimensions.

Power in hp=

torque(lbft x ft)* 2pi * rotational speed(RPM)

Torque is force applied over a distance.

Dzchey21

Reaction score

??? He may need to learn how to use quotes, but you need to brush up on your fundamental dimensions.

Power in hp=

Looks like you could use some help with quotes as well

Kind

Reaction score
Wow, I love the bickering!! Let me guess, if someone installed injectors that injected fuel at +100,000psi but didn't have a higher lpm then stock, some of you'd say they don't work too?

Bottom line we needed an improvement in the manifolds, as well as the heads. What Lane has manufactured for us 6.0/6.4 guys in my moderate opinion is better then any other option we have and a very positive step forward. Just like Mike's No Limit stuff was a small improvement, but an improvement non the less.

If all these manifolds did was lower exhaust temps they'd be worth it to me. The fact 6.4's have make 1200hp and push +80psi through the factory 6.0 or 6.4 manifolds is a great testament to what we have to gain with just a properly designed manifold.

Efficiency doesn't always add up to large gains in power numbers more then it adds up to a motor that makes X amount of power with less stress.

I know I'm not saying anything that most experienced guys on here don't already know. So lets embrace Lane and his development, cuz until now no matter how much fuel or air or nitrous we add we will always be "pissing into the wind" with the stock/modified heads and manifolds.

Dockboy

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that horsepower is a result of RPM X Torque and a constant.

Power in hp=

Listen geniuses...

Of coarse it is... But stoogespeed is trying to insinuate the an increase in torque will greatly effect drag strip ET's when in reality it will have very little.

You torque fanatics crack me up!!!

Question for you rocket scientist's...

How does a Dynojet determine torque? I can't wait for your responses:popcorn:

White_monster

Reaction score
Let's get over this girls. Maybe Lane jumped the gun but at least he's brought us something that should work better than stock since that's really all we have had till now. So for everyone pull the weddgy out of your ass and move on. Not everyone likes everything and that's how new ideas are created by trying new things.

Kind

Reaction score
Listen geniuses...

Of coarse it is... But stoogespeed is trying to insinuate the an increase in torque will greatly effect drag strip ET's when in reality it will have very little.

You torque fanatics crack me up!!!

Question for you rocket scientist's...

How does a Dynojet determine torque? I can't wait for your responses:popcorn:

Really, name calling?

Defending your stance and doubts are fine and assumably warranted. As well having your suspicions can aid in development. However that is only if you don't start talking like a 10 year old.

After all I don't see you trying to improve on a Ford power plant:poke::D

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Just to add 1. They are not the only ones to come out with manifolds and 2. I was seeing 100+ psi on the dynojet and usually 95 on the street

Sent from my Droid Charge

Kind

Reaction score
Just to add 1. They are not the only ones to come out with manifolds and 2. I was seeing 100+ psi on the dynojet and usually 95 on the street

Sent from my Droid Charge

Yeah I know, Dirty Diesel made manifolds that look just like yours a year and a half before you guys had them. Not a dis, just saying. They are better then stock no doubt and it's cool you have made them a more available option.

As well a 1 to 1 pressure ratio doesn't mean that the boost being injected is being used to it highest potential. It just means that the boost you are injecting isn't fighting itself.

I spent more time, effort and money trying to improve a Ford powerplant than you have made in your entire lifetime :poke:

I have no doubts about that. Just use what you know to correct, not to demoralize:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online