NEW 6.4/6.0 Manifolds just in!!

idkillinit

Reaction score
As well a 1 to 1 pressure ratio doesn't mean that the boost being injected is being used to it highest potential. It just means that the boost you are injecting isn't fighting itself.

This doesn't make.sence to me. If its not fighting itsself wouldn't it be most effective. Therefore producing more power. Not sure just asking.

flippincgfighter

Reaction score
Listen geniuses...

Of coarse it is... But stoogespeed is trying to insinuate the an increase in torque will greatly effect drag strip ET's when in reality it will have very little.

You torque fanatics crack me up!!!

Question for you rocket scientist's...

How does a Dynojet determine torque? I can't wait for your responses:popcorn:

I am no rocket scientist, and i didnt claim that these manifolds will gain 1 second ET at the track. But for the guys who are racing at the track and have high Hp 6.4s where any gain in ET is a win, i bet they will use these. It is probably cheap horsepower at that level. I have no clue how much power these would make or change in ET, but it looks like they are helping.

Looking forward to seeing the loaded dyno runs

-Gibson

idkillinit

Reaction score
I am no rocket scientist, and i didnt claim that these manifolds will gain 1 second ET at the track. But for the guys who are racing at the track and have high Hp 6.4s where any gain in ET is a win, i bet they will use these. It is probably cheap horsepower at that level. I have no clue how much power these would make or change in ET, but it looks like they are helping.

Looking forward to seeing the loaded dyno runs

-Gibson

They will no doubt be used and help make power and help the engines run more efficiently.

CamTom12

Reaction score
I could give a rat's ass about times at the track - its just nice to see something with some scavenging over the old logs. I'm very excited about these.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
lot of clueless people in here in regards to how a dyno operates. you can dyno and get hp with no tach signal, but you cannot get tq without it. when anyone shows a mathematical equation of tq, all that is the original formula for tq flipped backwards. does any dyno on this planet only measure tq ? hp is gonna get you down the track quicker, period. tq may help in the first 60ft, but hurts drivetrain and motor along with it.

flippincgfighter

Reaction score
lot of clueless people in here in regards to how a dyno operates. you can dyno and get hp with no tach signal, but you cannot get tq without it. when anyone shows a mathematical equation of tq, all that is the original formula for tq flipped backwards. does any dyno on this planet only measure tq ? hp is gonna get you down the track quicker, period. tq may help in the first 60ft, but hurts drivetrain and motor along with it.

Word...

I dont believe redx or I were saying that a dyno measures tq and derives Hp. Tq requires a tach signal. Hp is measured, tq is derived.

bigsix300

Reaction score
I'm just glad to see a good option for manifolds The way I'm looking ay them are they are gonna be great no matter how much you have in your motor already.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

idkillinit

Reaction score

I agree and disagree. Explain how a 250 horsepower but 2000 ft lbs Tq electric car runs 9s. I think it takes both personally.

bigsix300

Reaction score
I agree and disagree. Explain how a 250 horsepower but 2000 ft lbs Tq electric car runs 9s. I think it takes both personally.

I was always told that torque was to get going and horsepower was to keep it there. Maybe I am misinformed. On a second note what makes you faster is not just a peak number but power under curve, whichever curve your running in. That's what makes these manifold a nice addition to whatever combination your already rynning.

idkillinit

Reaction score
I was always told that torque was to get going and horsepower was to keep it there. Maybe I am misinformed. On a second note what makes you faster is not just a peak number but power under curve, whichever curve your running in. That's what makes these manifold a nice addition to whatever combination your already rynning.

Yes agreed

bigsix300

Reaction score
Also another reason why an electric car can run so fast is DC motors torque curves are extremely flat. So, is horsepower really makes a car or truck fast?

Latest posts

Members online