NEW 6.4/6.0 Manifolds just in!!

steedspeed

Reaction score
Pick up a full second of et with just manifolds. Lmao. Yea. Greg get on it. He's willing to pay for em to

Hmmm Not so much with a Cummins. they already have the low end power. On a Ford, yes, I think it would be around 1 second. It would be like a race between two sprinters but one of them has to breathe through their nose only. The Ford manifolds are a terrible design so very easy to improve performance.

Dockboy

Reaction score
More boot = more torque.

Huh? :confused:

More hp at a lower rpm = more torque not more boost.

What are your times at the track?

my truck runs low 10's and "more torque" has little to do with it:poke:

These manifolds will most likely pick up a second on your ET. I'd lay money on it actually!

How much money are you willing to lose?

If you think that merely changing a manifold on ANY engine is going to pick up a whole second on the track...you need to put down the crack pipe!:hammer:

steedspeed

Reaction score
Dockboy;244328]Huh? :confused:

"More hp at a lower rpm = more torque not more boost."

More boost = more torque

"my truck runs low 10's and "more torque" has little to do with it:poke:"

You think torque has nothing to do with acceleration?

"How much money are you willing to lose?"

I won't lose I can assure you. I have tested flow of the stock manifolds both 6.0 and 6.4 and they are probably the weakest link in the whole system.

"If you think that merely changing a manifold on ANY engine is going to pick up a whole second on the track...you need to put down the crack pipe!:hammer"

I have seen a difference of 300 torque at 4000 raised to 420 at 4000 on a 2.3l mazda from just changing manifolds. What do you think that would relate to in seconds shaved?

Last edited:

idkillinit

Reaction score
Hmmm Not so much with a Cummins. they already have the low end power. On a Ford, yes, I think it would be around 1 second. It would be like a race between two sprinters but one of them has to breathe through their nose only. The Ford manifolds are a terrible design so very easy to improve performance.

Sarcasm bra. A 6.4 won't drop a full second either. If so just these manifolds on shawns ccsb woulda run 9.46. Come on dudes. Let's use our brains. A full second is like gaining 250-300 HP. This isn't a Honda these trucks weigh at least 6000#

bigsix300

Reaction score
Hmm first time I looked into headers for diesels everyone was saying that it wouldn't be worth it on the street that only on a race truck would benefit. Now some people on here are saying not that much benefit on a race truck. Me personally I think this is going to be great for both. Instant spool for street trucks more power for race. Overall power is going to be across the board!

Turbos make flow not pressure and take exhaust flow to make air flow so the more exhaust you can get to the turbo the more air you can get in the engine.

idkillinit

Reaction score
Hmm first time I looked into headers for diesels everyone was saying that it wouldn't be worth it on the street that only on a race truck would benefit. Now some people on here are saying not that much benefit on a race truck. Me personally I think this is going to be great for both. Instant spool for street trucks more power for race. Overall power is going to be across the board!

Turbos make flow not pressure and take exhaust flow to make air flow so the more exhaust you can get to the turbo the more air you can get in the engine.

Agree 100% but a full second gain is not going to happen and this info should not be instilled in peoples mind

steedspeed

Reaction score
Agree 100% but a full second gain is not going to happen and this info should not be instilled in peoples mind

What does it take HP/tq wise to go from 12 to 11 11 to 10 10 to 9 etc?
What is the torque on a 1000 hp 6.4?

Aside from spool time these motors must be chocking like crazy as the revs rise.

idkillinit

Reaction score
The torque on 1000 HP should be right around 2000 +- I would think it take 200-300 HP from 10-9. With 65 whp on nitrous I went from 12.84-12.43. I can see that being a reasonable expectation.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Here's a c
Graph from yesterday on an unloaded dyno
ae2dc864-2261-2b76.jpg

Last edited:

steedspeed

Reaction score
The torque on 1000 HP should be right around 2000 +- I would think it take 200-300 HP from 10-9. With 65 whp on nitrous I went from 12.84-12.43. I can see that being a reasonable expectation.
So around 150 hp would have given you about a second?

What are the drive pressures like on these motors? I'm guessing the pressure at the heads has got to be very high with the stock manifolds and up pipes. Basically, if you are running the stock manifolds and up pipes, your truck has athsma. Toms kits are the inhaler.

Last edited:

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Back pressure on a stock motor is only around 60psi with a 600hp tune. Start adding injectors and different turbo setups and it can get into the 80-90 psi range with 6.0L manifolds. However I think the restriction is in the turbines of the turbos not the manifolds. I would like to try out a set of these though to see for myself.

idkillinit

Reaction score
As said above a lot of the restriction is in the turbos cause trucks with big singles don't have bp issues at all or any wastegates. I don't doubt the up pipes and manifolds will help a lot but I'm thinking a lot of the help will be spool up. I think this is the reason craigs truck spools so great with the 475 single. Because of the mans and uppipes

Dockboy

Reaction score
"my truck runs low 10's and "more torque" has little to do with it:poke:"

You think torque has nothing to do with acceleration?

First, learn how to use quotes on the forums so I can read your uninformed posts :doh:

Horsepower is the most important ingredient in acceleration vs. time. While some emphasis on torque is important, it has a very small effect regarding drag racing. My truck never see's below 2500 rpm at the track, yet makes peak tq about 2100 rpm. Torque is merely a mathematical equation based of rpm and hp.
"How much money are you willing to lose?"

I won't lose I can assure you. I have tested flow of the stock manifolds both 6.0 and 6.4 and they are probably the weakest link in the whole system.

OK...I will wager you $10,000 that changing only a manifold will pick up one full sec. on ANY truck! Name the time and place and show up with the cash.

"If you think that merely changing a manifold on ANY engine is going to pick up a whole second on the track...you need to put down the crack pipe!:hammer:

I have seen a difference of 300 torque at 4000 raised to 420 at 4000 on a 2.3l mazda from just changing manifolds. What do you think that would relate to in seconds shaved?

120 increase in tq ain't going to get you a sec.! :doh: That is about a 50-60 hp max increase in hp on a diesel and it will take you 250+ hp to gain a sec. in any vehicle.

Last edited:

steedspeed

Reaction score
120 increase in tq ain't going to get you a sec.! :doh: That is about a 50-60 hp max increase in hp on a diesel and it will take you 250+ hp to gain a sec. in any vehicle.

So going from 300 torque to 420 isn't going to give you at least 1 second off et? Really?

As far as HP required to gain a second on your truck. If it takes 250 to gain a second at your level then I'm guessing yours will see around .6 second if your math is right.

idkillinit

Reaction score
I would be happy to see .3 off with uppipes and mans. I think it would be seen on the small end tho because spool up and air flow would be better through the gears

Latest posts

Members online