New Build

blk350on20s

Reaction score
The ground that's cut in the pic of your firewall/ac lines not connected should go to the gp module bracket where it attaches to the intake no?

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score

2008 F-250 Super Duty 6.4

Customer Concern:

The engine won't start, the starter won't engage. It came in with a faulty diesel particulate filter and sensor, they were replaced. The truck started, was driven out of the shop and now won't crank. It has a code P242D in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

Average Reported Mileage:

Tests/Procedures:

1. Locate the Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) Sensor #3 which is the last temperature sensor at the back of the diesel particulate filter in the exhaust. It is a 2 wire sensor with a Yellow/Green (YE/GN) and Yellow/Orange (YE/OG) wire. Verify the sensor is properly connected and that the pins of the connector are making good connection to the sensor.

2. If the connections are OK, check the resistance of the sensor. The sensor should show roughly:
237 ohms @ 122*F
275 ohms @ 212*F
348 ohms @ 392*F

If the sensor is showing extremely high resistance or open circuit, suspect a faulty sensor. Replace as needed and recheck operation.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Btw, what are you using to view the codes and check data while trying to start it? I have access to a lot of diagnostic info but i need more data.

extreme3807

Reaction score
I uncovered the battery cables to clean them last night, they were wrapped up and I will wrap them up again. I'm using the CTS to view everything

BFT

Reaction score
IMG_0986_zps4e1ee38d.png

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
With all that exhaust plumbing you may even have a cable or wire with melted insulation, which obviously would cause a multitude of issues from shorting out to a fault or dead to ground.

Latest posts

Members online