New Street Truck

jdgleason

Reaction score
Interesting, wonder why everyone else was having good results with them.

I've only ever seen one other comparison for the steed speeds. Do you know of another one?

That was my thought exactly. Bigger is not always better in force induction. Not sure why Steed didnt just make them with a 2" v-band and make the internal design slightly smaller.

There is a change coming in the design of the manifolds with a smaller outlet.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I've only ever seen one other comparison for the steed speeds. Do you know of another one?

There have been a few guys that posted dyno numbers, but I don't think it was a comparison to 6.0 mani's or another aftermarket.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

I called and bitched about it a few times, had a long discussion with him about his reasoning why he did it yatta yatta, then elaborated that we wont sell them unless its changed. Next time I spoke with him.. seems like others had complained as well.. sounds like the flange is still going to be the same size, just different ID. I dunno.. seems like overthinking it all to me..

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
We are going to run another test on another truck and test some different options. Steedspeed wants to have a great product and we will help him get there.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
What did Len say about the guys whom have the manifolds already? Hopefully when you guys figure this out, he will update everyone for no cost or something along those lines.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
92HP on a manifold is just hard to swallow.. especially in arguement with the guy. He's a very nice and smart guy, just the number seem overly inflated. When I get customers arguing that an identically set up truck to mine (but with steed speeds) without ported heads, is going to make 75more horsepower than mine and I have no idea what I'm talking about.. that makes me a little peeved.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
He said he will take care of existing customers.

Good deal..any idea on how long until the new manifolds Tadd?

I'm at least giving the manifolds a shot with the skngle...hopefully the results don't mirror yours..but props testing these out and working to make em better

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score

I'm at least giving the manifolds a shot with the skngle...hopefully the results don't mirror yours..but props testing these out and working to make em better

How will you know if they do mirror his?

For as long as your build has taken, seems as though this is good proof that you should wait for a revision or go with 6.0 manifolds. No reason in selling yourself short by putting a manifold on the truck that is potentially robbing hp from you.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score

I would say it will be a bit. Realistically to test a few versions and come up with a solid increase, a few months just guessing.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
How will you know if they do mirror his?

For as long as your build has taken, seems as though this is good proof that you should wait for a revision or go with 6.0 manifolds. No reason in selling yourself short by putting a manifold on the truck that is potentially robbing hp from you.

I wont be able to do a back to back test with just a manifold swap all I can do is compare to trucks with the same set up, I think a large Hp drop like that would be noticable on the same dyno, ill be logging everything with the dd...just hope I'm not making changes As soon as the trucks together

Extended Power

Reaction score

I thought that Steed Speed manifolds don't bolt up to stock up pipes?
How was the test run?
Stock 6.0L manifolds with stock up pipes compared to Steed Speed manifolds and custom up pipes?

And are all the other people running Steed Speed manifolds scared to admit that they wasted $1500.00-$2000.00 on manifolds and up pipes...or are they actually making more power with them, and there is something phucked up with Mikes truck?

Can't really see Leen selling something that lost power....not sure they can make 92 HP gains....but still would like to see more information.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
I wont be able to do a back to back test with just a manifold swap all I can do is compare to trucks with the same set up, I think a large Hp drop like that would be noticable on the same dyno, ill be logging everything with the dd...just hope I'm not making changes As soon as the trucks together

With your set up if your truck only puts down say 750hp, I would have to say there is a problem since craig and extreme have put down close to 900 with a single 75. since you can't do a back to back swap of the manifolds.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online