New Street Truck

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
how different are craigs than black widows then? dont much this thread up!

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Just a heads up , did a before and after of steed speed manifolds, the truck went from 743 to 672 ... Huge loss and spoolup as well as back pressure got worse. They will be coming off immediately. Graph to follow when I get to a computer.

Wow that blows...really hoping I have different results with the single

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dstryr

Reaction score
lol all that hype... We need an update from Leen on this... as far as I know he is still cutting them on his horizontal...

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
When you going to put Craig's on and are you going to Dyno again afterwards?

Wayne

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, some tuning improvements have been made, and the wastefate dialed in to get the truck back up over 700, but that doesn't take away from the apples to apples comparison of the two types of manifolds.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
so with the 6.0 mani' your ran a different tune on the dyno than the run with the steed speed ones ? Maybe I didn't read that right but sounded like you said the only other change was the tune.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The manifolds were bolted on with the uppipes and no changes were made to tuning or the Wastegates.
The runs were made to compare

Then the gates were tuned back in to.desired back.pressure and they also loaded a different tune and they were still unable to make the same.power as the 6.0 manifolds even with changes. They were able to get over 700 but not close to.where it was.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I personally feel that the 2.5 outlet is the biggest issue I think they loose velocity in that area and then a forced to cram back down in a smaller pipe.

TurboM700

Reaction score
I personally feel that the 2.5 outlet is the biggest issue I think they loose velocity in that area and then a forced to cram back down in a smaller pipe.

That was my thought exactly. Bigger is not always better in force induction. Not sure why Steed didnt just make them with a 2" v-band and make the internal design slightly smaller.

Wayne

Reaction score
The manifolds were bolted on with the uppipes and no changes were made to tuning or the Wastegates.
The runs were made to compare

Then the gates were tuned back in to.desired back.pressure and they also loaded a different tune and they were still unable to make the same.power as the 6.0 manifolds even with changes. They were able to get over 700 but not close to.where it was.
:whs: Thanks for clearing up what I was trying to say.

You and I are on the same page here. I have some datalogged runs of before and after with the non adjusted gate, and the spartan 300 late lock tune. Spool up was definitely slower on the graphs, and I could feel a difference driving, but barely. I'm only speculating here, but like you I assume the larger diameter piping is causing velocity decrease. We have necked the pipes down from 2.5" to 2" directly after the initial 90* bend to help with velocity & flow (this was done on Mike's truck, as well as the kits we've shipped) . Looks like more testing & development will be necessary to maximize the potential in the design. :shrug: My greatest concern is that if they're necked down to 2" outlets, I doubt much gain is possible over the 6.0 manifolds. Time will tell where the future of these manifolds lie.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online