O2ShootTheJ's Build Thread

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Eeyore is just a lil depressed.

Nah I was gettin on it a little bit today and then going about 35 up a slight hill heading to the bar it started free revving. Let out and tried again free revved then finally slammed into gear. I think it slipped out and free revved one more time but I was basically where I was going by then. Gonna see how it does on the way home but judging by the way this truck has been taken care of it's probably gonna need a rebuild

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
That sucks. I hope to not have trans problems, but the harshness of the 4th-5th tc locked transition is, and the delay when I put it in reverse doesn't have me too confident :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Dan, when are we going to.get a full photo.spread? Im absolutely loving what you're doing.

And you wont.get out of school alive if you dont destroke, de torqueshift, and only drive it during the day! You coulda just bought a nice.house in two years if eeyore doesnt.stop hammerin ya. Just havin a lili fun at your expense :cheers:

Between eeyore and fiddy cent(your black silver 6-fo) im not sure which one is cooler. I looooved what you did with the sixfo.

swinky

Reaction score
Eeyore is just a lil depressed.

Nah I was gettin on it a little bit today and then going about 35 up a slight hill heading to the bar it started free revving. Let out and tried again free revved then finally slammed into gear. I think it slipped out and free revved one more time but I was basically where I was going by then. Gonna see how it does on the way home but judging by the way this truck has been taken care of it's probably gonna need a rebuild

Put a dd solenoid in it asap

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Dan, when are we going to.get a full photo.spread? Im absolutely loving what you're doing.

And you wont.get out of school alive if you dont destroke, de torqueshift, and only drive it during the day! You coulda just bought a nice.house in two years if eeyore doesnt.stop hammerin ya. Just havin a lili fun at your expense :cheers:

Between eeyore and fiddy cent(your black silver 6-fo) im not sure which one is cooler. I looooved what you did with the sixfo.

Haha thanks man! What kind of photospread are you looking for? I posted a bunch of pics from my Richmond shoot somewhere in here. They're also on my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/10514947@N02/

Put a dd solenoid in it asap

Yea I guess I'll call up that homosexual steve and get his solenoid and get my trans flushed as well with new fluid.

It shifted okay on the way home, maybe a little harder than normal. Maybe it was a fluke who knows. My trans fluid is probably a little funkier than it should be as well

swinky

Reaction score
Haha thanks man! What kind of photospread are you looking for? I posted a bunch of pics from my Richmond shoot somewhere in here. They're also on my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/10514947@N02/

Yea I guess I'll call up that homosexual steve and get his solenoid and get my trans flushed as well with new fluid.

It shifted okay on the way home, maybe a little harder than normal. Maybe it was a fluke who knows. My trans fluid is probably a little funkier than it should be as well

Yeah idk about a flush. Some people say it's a no go on a high mileage transmission. Keep in mind though, my trans acted identical with a bad dd solenoid vs an actual bad direct clutch. So if it was intermittent I bet the solenoid is just getting sticky.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
in the 1500 miles that I've had my truck my trans has never shifted great, but its never slipped out of gear and free revved either.

and yea I feel ya on the flush causing more problems I remember reading about that. So be better to just drain the old and put in new fluid?

swinky

Reaction score
I'd change the toilet paper filter and just replace the fluid in the pan. Maybe somebody else will chime in but that's what I'd do. That Tp filter picks up a lot of chit.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
regular old store brand work or is the charmin superior?

on a serious note in the solenoid hard to install? Can I do it myself?

swinky

Reaction score
A couple of vendors carry his solenoid so if he doesn't have them somebody can hook you up.

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
If Steve doesn't have them on the shelf I believe holders does and they could have you one a lot faster anyways.

I was having the same random free rev issues/nasty shift flare and Steve's solenoid cleared it right up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.