OBS Chat

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I dont know about yall but i think there needs to be more diesel shows, pulls, and drags around the southeat

Your in TN? There should be plenty to see around the TN KY VA area. Research online on state and county fairs. A lot of good pulling there.

StrokerGuy86

Reaction score
we have some pulls around here. We have Beans, The Miller indoor pull, Eagleville pull, The big boys in Chapel Hill, and some smaller things. Just alot of pulls which is great just ike to see some Diesel Shows and such like I did with mini truckin and rat rods.

StrokerGuy86

Reaction score
Well anything new going on guys. Boring week around here work work work and no play makes this guy go crazy. I got some pics im gonna post up i guess

StrokerGuy86

Reaction score
Having a little fun with my buddy before he left for 6 weeks
20140402_164757.jpg

20140402_164913.jpg

20140402_165128.jpg

20140402_165327.jpg

StrokerGuy86

Reaction score
Needing a little input guys i fund a 89 f350 IDI for 2k says state is all it needs really dont care. I just the front axle to start my swap. Any thing I should look for im going to look at it this weekend. I have a 4 inch lift on 36s now. I have read about the RSK kit when swapping. So, what size kit would i need to retain my height correct me if im worng some where.

kmanxj

Reaction score
Was there a tailgate offered with out the chrome strip? I don't want to keep it there when I paint it. Might just end up welding the holes shut.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Tailgates from a 97 don't have the chrome strip and any XL model, could also use an older 80s tailgate that had the big FORD stamped in the center

kmanxj

Reaction score
Huh. I guess the bed and tailgate that was put on mine by the P.O. was from a 96 or orlder. I was blown away when I looked in LMC to see what the strip costs...... almost $400!!!!

bluedge8

Reaction score
Ok, so dumb question. How do you get the pcm out of a '96, it doesn't seem to want to move out into the engine bay

bluedge8

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm at the point in life I don't push things too far at first, but it doesn't even want to slide out initially, like I missed a bolt. it is not in a plastic sleeve, so there shouldn't be any hold downs inside the cab, right?

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Nope. It's actually easiest to pull all the little bolts holding the wheel well in and two or three on the fuse box and just drop the wheel well down and but will come right out

LA_Stroker

Reaction score
Nothing in the cab. After removing the PCM retainer/weather seal (lower picture, black thing around the PCM, two 10mm bolts top and bottom) it should slide freely. If it has a chip pull it first from inside the truck. If it's stuck, like doesn't move at all, the weather shield has probably passed water into the cab causing the PCM tray to rust the PCM. From inside the cab you can shoot a penetrating lube around most of the PCM and tray. Remove and set aside the parking break and pull the kick panel. PCM is behind the panel.

Afternoon Frank.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Nothing in the cab. After removing the PCM retainer/weather seal (lower picture, black thing around the PCM, two 10mm bolts top and bottom) it should slide freely. If it has a chip pull it first from inside the truck. If it's stuck, like doesn't move at all, the weather shield has probably passed water into the cab causing the PCM tray to rust the PCM. From inside the cab you can shoot a penetrating lube around most of the PCM and tray. Remove and set aside the parking break and pull the kick panel. PCM is behind the panel.

Afternoon Frank.

That helps a lot, the pcm is rusted, so that is what is going on. It seems loose but won't slide. I'll work on it tomorrow.

ghohouston

Reaction score
That helps a lot, the pcm is rusted, so that is what is going on. It seems loose but won't slide. I'll work on it tomorrow.

mine was the same way. i just kept moving it back and forth and such, and it finally broke loose. i think i may have even pushed on the back of it from inside the cab. it was ungodly how tight it was in there though.

bluedge8

Reaction score
So I found out why my PCM was so stuck
qa7esepy.jpg
u7upaseg.jpg

So any ideas on preserving this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.