Out with the old in with the new

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ok as promised

Not sure what the puff of black was when the truck shifted, never seen that before, truck was cold this morning that might have something to do with it, i wanted to get another video but its snowing again so no footage for a couple days :(

http://youtu.be/egMk4DaGWps

here is one at about 1300 rpm rolling up thru 2000 rpm in overdrive converter locked, just to show how well it spools

http://youtu.be/6aDhB39JZQU

here is one from a slow acceleration, just like you would do in traffic ect, boost never falls off in overdrive

http://youtu.be/S1x4HQvUExQ

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
kind of off topic, maybe,

what did you think of the procharger? been considering one.

im not goin exotic with the mods, tuner, standard deletes, maybe some mild injectors, but thats it.

knowing what you do now, would you do it again? or just go a larger atmo, like the tow powers atmo?

truck is a pavement queen, and a tow pig/dd

the theory of the procharger, appeals to me. instant boost. no waiting for spool up. sacrificing up top, is not really a concern for me, as i dont care about dyno numbers, and towing heavy, how ofter are you in the upper 15-20% of the rpm range?

nice work btw. even if the end result is the same as paying to have it done, it just always feels better if you did it yourself.

:D

Dzchey21

Reaction score
kind of off topic, maybe,

what did you think of the procharger? been considering one.

im not goin exotic with the mods, tuner, standard deletes, maybe some mild injectors, but thats it.

knowing what you do now, would you do it again? or just go a larger atmo, like the tow powers atmo?

truck is a pavement queen, and a tow pig/dd

the theory of the procharger, appeals to me. instant boost. no waiting for spool up. sacrificing up top, is not really a concern for me, as i dont care about dyno numbers, and towing heavy, how ofter are you in the upper 15-20% of the rpm range?

nice work btw. even if the end result is the same as paying to have it done, it just always feels better if you did it yourself.

:D

Honestly for the money the towpower atmosphere turbo is the best bang for the buck and no sacrifices, just power.

As far as a procharger set up. I dont think i would do it again in the configuration that i had it. Meaning i dont think i would do it with a big single in the valley. Only way i would try it again would be to run it with the stock turbos and feed the procharger into them. I think that being said it would make stockers spool like a gasser (not that they dont spool fast as is)

Downside is you have to give up the factory fan to run one (at least my set up was like that)

If someone could mount a pulley right off the crank similar to elites dual fuelers where it would clear the fan and other things i think it might work ok, and be cogged set up so the supercharger can spin faster

Blowby

Reaction score
It's come a long way Dustin. I'll have to come up and see it a Hallers when you put in back on the dyno for testing.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Congrats Dustin, that thing looks great! Looks like you have a winner, now don't f with it for a while. LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Congrats Dustin, that thing looks great! Looks like you have a winner, now don't f with it for a while. LOL

Thanks erik, im excited to have my baby back thats for sure, Drove it in the snow today... Boo on proxes in the snow LOL

Only plan now is for a no-limit intercooler and im done.

Im thinking im going to phoenix this year again.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Boo on proxes in the snow LOL

Uhhhh..........

Picture114.jpg

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Thanks erik, im excited to have my baby back thats for sure, Drove it in the snow today... Boo on proxes in the snow LOL

Only plan now is for a no-limit intercooler and im done.

Im thinking im going to phoenix this year again.

Cool, this year looks like you can drive your own truck.

Latest posts

Members online