Pictures of Super Duties on 40" Tires?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
1203or-15+hot-new-products-2011-sema-show+bds-single-cab-short-bed-f350.jpg

Now THAT is a badass work truck! lol

Wonder if you could email BDS and ask them about the driveshaft?

imelmo

Reaction score

Dave

Reaction score
Thinking Icon 6" and Hannemann fenders. Tank is on 41's with a 4.5" Icon with Bushwacker cutouts and no issues.

Tanks got a longer driveline aids in the angle issue.

Clocking the Tcase should make up alot of the issue you'll have

imelmo

Reaction score
Do you ever have any rubbing in the front with turns or bumps?

THETANK01

Reaction score
Tanks truck has gotta be the sweetest setup ive seen. But heres mine.

Sent from the drivers seat.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360536676848.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360536676848.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 212

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Clocking the t case is not going to make a difference for a truck with a 12ft bed or a 2ft bed! It helps with the front driveshaft angles not the rear... and at 5.5in of lift the front driveshaft is fine.

JMart

Reaction score
Just wanna say that clocking the transfer case won't fix the rear drive shaft angle. Carry on

You are right, I was posting while watching tv and not thinking through all the way.

Tapered blocks would help on the axle side. I have seen guys change the engine mounts on trucks to point the end of the trans down a little more.

A double cardon u joint could be used as well but you will need it to be custom built.

I don't think 4.5" would be to much to over come. Its not like this will be the first reg cab 4x4 ever lifted. Half tons do it without problems.

After looking at the front of the BDS truck I think the fiberglass fenders would look good. I must have seen something else that I was thinking of.

JDub

Reaction score
We had a customer at WOP with a 4" lift and 38x15.50s with cut out flares. Looked really good and it didn't rub at all. Just gotta get the right wheels to keep the tires off the suspension.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
You are right, I was posting while watching tv and not thinking through all the way.

Tapered blocks would help on the axle side. I have seen guys change the engine mounts on trucks to point the end of the trans down a little more.

A double cardon u joint could be used as well but you will need it to be custom built.

I don't think 4.5" would be to much to over come. Its not like this will be the first reg cab 4x4 ever lifted. Half tons do it without problems.

After looking at the front of the BDS truck I think the fiberglass fenders would look good. I must have seen something else that I was thinking of.

No it's All good man. I didn't even think of using the tappered blocks or the excursion driveshaft. Good points!

His driveshaft is only like 18" so it's gonna be tricky if he goes high. I think his plan with a 4.5 kit and new fenders will work perfect though. As long as he's not using cutouts, I'm on board lol

JMart

Reaction score
No it's All good man. I didn't even think of using the tappered blocks or the excursion driveshaft. Good points!

His driveshaft is only like 18" so it's gonna be tricky if he goes high. I think his plan with a 4.5 kit and new fenders will work perfect though. As long as he's not using cutouts, I'm on board lol

I don't think the cutouts would look as good either. The fenders would give more of the monster truck look he is going for.

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
We had a customer at WOP with a 4" lift and 38x15.50s with cut out flares. Looked really good and it didn't rub at all. Just gotta get the right wheels to keep the tires off the suspension.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

why would they only do 38' s?...if you are going to cut, mind as well put the largest you're possible...because 40's would have fit easily...unless he didn't want to go that big because he would have had to regear.

Latest posts

Members online