post your hp and dyno info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Havent really thought about the LP turbo yet really but would probably just go with a s474 or 475. The main thing i care about is spool up time (ie the lowest I can reasonably get with high HP).

I am very excited to get doug's intake. In fact I am going to get that before i get a turbo just to see how it does.

You have 205s (ie A LOT!!! of fuel), so I wouldnt expect a whole lot of lag out your 64mm turbo.

kdogg85

Reaction score
Oh, and I said I don't think I have the power the dyno showed because me and my wife lined up one night and she outran me pretty good. That's with the spartan 310 tune. Too me, it looked like more than a +/- 70hp difference.

I went with 205's in hopes I wouldn't have icp and/or hpop issues. I hope.

windrunner408

Reaction score
From everything I have read, it seems like the 05-07 hpops top out at this size of an injector. Anything bigger I think requires a bigger hpop setup.

kdogg85

Reaction score
that's what I've heard as well. And going back to an 03 style oil setup isn't fun to do. But, I could get the adrenaline hpop then. Oh yes, more money.

AllanB

Reaction score
yup, made 482/905 on fuel, 530/980 on a 50/50 mix of water meth. [email protected] at the track (on water meth, EGT's pegged 1700 on fuel on the street, didn't want to risk it on a 190k truck), all mods in my sig. sent you the video on your fb shawn, thanks for starting this thread!

as for towing, haven't tried the town tune yet from eric, but damn this pmax setup gets HOT! on extreme street, like 1700+ (not in lockup) hot for me..thats with an intercooler, pipes, elbow, etc. I'm sure my powermax hates me LOL

heres the run at the track..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn3dMryApUw

Thanks for posting this video. It answered a lot of questions for me. I just found this site a few days ago. I have been on PSN a while. I just ask some guys over there a couple of weeks ago, how well does the PM/190's/100over clean up. I am running Casserly 190/100 over with a 64/70/71. I ask the question because mine doesn't clean up as well as what your PM does. At least from what I could see in the vid. I thought I might need to talk to Eric and try something different. The vid was just axactly what I needed to see. Thanks again for posting

MorganY

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this video. It answered a lot of questions for me. I just found this site a few days ago. I have been on PSN a while. I just ask some guys over there a couple of weeks ago, how well does the PM/190's/100over clean up. I am running Casserly 190/100 over with a 64/70/71. I ask the question because mine doesn't clean up as well as what your PM does. At least from what I could see in the vid. I thought I might need to talk to Eric and try something different. The vid was just axactly what I needed to see. Thanks again for posting

Your welcome! I would want as many people to do the same. I am tired of VGTs and their lack of air. I'm going with the big boys now (somewhat). I just bought a running short block from Smokinstroker and I will be tearing it down and practicing to get a grasp on the whole engine rebuild before I think about touching my motor. I'm going to get work done on the bowl to lower compression, cryo treat or get billet rods, and a valvetrain setup , and I will be going with compounds hopefully from Matt because I refuse to buy another single. I want consistent power, low egts, and quick spool up. Hopefully Shawn will chime in about the proper high pressure/low pressure setup for 190/100s for a 550hp power low EGT rig. I'm doing my best to read up and be informed, I'm spending hours cutting through the forums LOL

AllanB

Reaction score
I hope he does. That is about the set up I am looking for. I am guessing, but I figure I am running somwhere in neighborhood of 520hp maybe a little more. No proof on that, just looking at what guys on this thread are saying and then underscoring it a little. But like you my egt's are high. I would be satisfied with a dependable 550hp with decent egt's, and a turbo set up that would maybe not clean these 190's up, but at least get them down to just a haze after the turbo spools. I am also running Banks intercooler.

MorganY

Reaction score
I hope he does. That is about the set up I am looking for. I am guessing, but I figure I am running somwhere in neighborhood of 520hp maybe a little more. No proof on that, just looking at what guys on this thread are saying and then underscoring it a little. But like you my egt's are high. I would be satisfied with a dependable 550hp with decent egt's, and a turbo set up that would maybe not clean these 190's up, but at least get them down to just a haze after the turbo spools. I am also running Banks intercooler.

to me, a haze is cleaning lol. but yea man on the banks intercooler, I really don't notice much until the converter locks. Its funny, the money I spent on the meth and the intercooler and intake, would've gotten me over halfway on a compound build...:fustrate:

sly1types

Reaction score
i doubt it, i bought the 190s thinking I could make my way to 550hp road with the pmax...joke. hell I bet there is even some shaft play after 3,000 miles running them

Why would there be shaft play? Are the 190s ruining the Pmax? I was thinking of 175s

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
How would you guys like to see proof ? give me some idea and i will be more than glad to do so

You posted that you would post video proof this past weekend that your manifolds made a big turbo work like a small turbo and tow 20 000lbs. Was just wondering if you were able to get that video. Looking forward to it

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
You posted that you would post video proof this past weekend that your manifolds made a big turbo work like a small turbo and tow 20 000lbs. Was just wondering if you were able to get that video. Looking forward to it

They are towing his cabelas truck down to the pri convention this weekend with the 6.0 I believe. That is when he said he'd get video.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score

yes this weekend shawn

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Yes me too. I said it a few pages back if they work. We need to get a big group buy going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online