Progress report on my build

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Good to see some real progress Shane, been a long time coming. Congrats on the possible upcoming wedding, well if she says yes. :toast:

White_monster

Reaction score
Well it's time for an update. Where to start, haha.

Well I got engaged after I got back from Jamaica, yay me. Had a nice break from everything too.

As far as the build goes...

Brakes from Shone are on and they rock. Still waiting on the shocks from Walker Evans, they are waiting on the shock bodies for my application. Did some painting of the charge piping. After photoshopping the colours I ended up going with ford blue. I think it looks great. Going to paint a couple other pieces on the engine but I need to pick up some flat silver paint. I started running the wiring harness, got the drivers side sorted out so you can only see a few wires, now to tackle the passenger side. Heres some pics of the paint work, Oh all the paint is rattle can too.

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

Matt

Reaction score
Looks killer for sure. Nice to see it all coming together. Congratulations on the engagement.

White_monster

Reaction score
You have no idea how bad I want to drive this but the wait is gonna be a lot longer till I do. Without a proper trans the engine is useless. So I need to figure the trans out now, not looking forward to this bill thou.

mclean

Reaction score
You have no idea how bad I want to drive this but the wait is gonna be a lot longer till I do. Without a proper trans the engine is useless. So I need to figure the trans out now, not looking forward to this bill thou.

yeah yeah I get the hint here. Ill order my stuff these days off so you can start building your trans haha

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score

Personally I'd probably just go for a built 4R100 and a PCS and call it done. Hopefully someone can work out the wrench light ( manual trans ECM maybe ? ) and the PRND21 light issue soon.

White_monster

Reaction score
Personally I'd probably just go for a built 4R100 and a PCS and call it done. Hopefully someone can work out the wrench light ( manual trans ECM maybe ? ) and the PRND21 light issue soon.

I was going to do the 4r but it's a battle and who knows when the issues will be resolved. Also Erik and Mike both have 5r's as does Shone and Mike Haller's customer. I'll use the 5r, got 4yrs on my current one at a little over 600hp.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I was going to do the 4r but it's a battle and who knows when the issues will be resolved. Also Erik and Mike both have 5r's as does Shone and Mike Haller's customer. I'll use the 5r, got 4yrs on my current one at a little over 600hp.

Yeah I saw that but don't know who built theirs.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I think a lot of it comes down to intended use. If its going to see a lot of track time, then a 4R is the better choice. A daily driver/street machine I'd still go with the 5R.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I wouldn't give up on the 5r just yet since you plan on daily driving it. untill the cruise control gets worked out its not a viable option for a street truck imho.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.