Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

907DAVE

Reaction score
You guys got a thing for leaving the fan attached....lol.

Good luck with the build!

Matt_P

Reaction score
Sucks to hear about you luck Matt. Just getting that truck back on the road and all.

Yeah I'm just ready to have it back on the road again

You guys got a thing for leaving the fan attached....lol.

Good luck with the build!

Haha yeah we just kinda leave it all on there, and thanks!

i hope you are kidding about the hood stack! dang cummins guys!

Haha yeah that was a joke, no hood stacks for this guy

Matt_P

Reaction score
If youre luck is so bad, then id make sure you didnt get a 53 block on the cummins LOL

Good luck man, this is looking like a great build.

Haha oh dont worry its a 55 block I made sure it wasn't a 5 3before I bought it, and thanks!

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Looking good so far Matt, I was surprised to see that the 6.0 treated you as well as it did as long as you had it!

Any head work getting done while its at the machine shop, like maybe o rings or fire rings so you can confidently outfit the truck with two turbos down the road?

Matt_P

Reaction score
Looking good so far Matt, I was surprised to see that the 6.0 treated you as well as it did as long as you had it!

Any head work getting done while its at the machine shop, like maybe o rings or fire rings so you can confidently outfit the truck with two turbos down the road?

Thanks Eric! Yeah it treated me great for a while and then not so much :doh:

I just dropped the block off at the machine shop today and he is thinking its gonna have to .020 over so Im waiting to know for sure before I order my rebuild kit.

As for head work though I just have 110# valve springs and studs planned. The machine shop Im using doesnt have the machine to do fire rings or Id be doing that for sure as well. I have a feeling twins wont be going on for a little while unfortunately

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
You shouldnt need o-rings or fire rings unless you plan on being over 60psi regularly. Ive also read about daily driver reliability issue with fire rings. If not installed perfectly, the head cycles of daily driving causes them to fail over time.

Matt_P

Reaction score
You shouldnt need o-rings or fire rings unless you plan on being over 60psi regularly. Ive also read about daily driver reliability issue with fire rings. If not installed perfectly, the head cycles of daily driving causes them to fail over time.

Yeah Ive heard that too, my 12v that was in my old 250 had fire rings and did fine but yeah after discussing it with a couple people I agree that I wont be needing fire rings either.

I ordered my 110# valve springs yesterday and then just studs, Im considering a mild street cam as well so its there for when I do compounds down the road but havent made a final decision yet, I got an ATI dampener as well.

Machine is saying they are probably gonna take the block .020 over as well so looks like im not technically deleting a 6.0 from the truck LOL

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Yeah Ive heard that too, my 12v that was in my old 250 had fire rings and did fine but yeah after discussing it with a couple people I agree that I wont be needing fire rings either.

I ordered my 110# valve springs yesterday and then just studs, Im considering a mild street cam as well so its there for when I do compounds down the road but havent made a final decision yet, I got an ATI dampener as well.

Machine is saying they are probably gonna take the block .020 over as well so looks like im not technically deleting a 6.0 from the truck LOL

It's a better 6.0 this time though LOL

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Matt_P

Reaction score
Going to have to change the name of the thread now lol

Haha yeah I think I might have to now!

I have no real big updates unfortunately, right now its just a waiting game with the machine shop. I dropped my 110 springs off there on friday and he said he should have good progress made on the block by monday.

Only thing I did for the truck today was order a new valve cover for it to solve the issue of the old one saying dodge on it and this weekend I got my tranny build all sorted out, which will be happening here very soon!

Matt_P

Reaction score
Quick update:

My block is just about done, had to take it .020 over as suspected, I just need to get my rebuild kit here with the new pistons so my machinist can finish up the boring.

Also got some not so good news today, this head is cracked as well, all are in the seats except for one that goes onto the head surface. So Im gonna go there tomorrow and take a look and discuss going with hardened seats and drilling and tigging the one crack since it needs to be decked bad anyways. The head had .005 warpage in it.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I was told recently a certain member by the name if Irontx (Jesse) just blew his 3rd 6.0L engine and is now lookin into a Fummins project himself.

Latest posts

Members online