Project Wheels Up

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
No I'm swapping the 2wd tail housing over to the BTS for now. I haven't decided if I'm going to put the new trans in the race truck or the white truck. We'll see what happens. In a couple weeks though I'll be putting the very first Dieselsite trans ever built into an OBS with 250/100's and a GT42. Kind of a trial by fire. LOL I think Bob Riley is just as excited to see how it holds up as I am. But that's is another topic entirely. Right now I'm focused on getting this race truck done.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm working 1pm to 9pm right now so it kinda sucks. Patrick and Curtis will be at the shop though so if you want to go over and do some stuff you can. LOL

Here is an exact list of every single little thing that needs done.

I need the last little pieces of sheet metal cut out for the dash and trans hump
ground cable monted at the battery tray in the back
rear cab mounts welded on
rear axle bolted back down
rear track bar mounts welded on
shock mounts cut out and welded on
degas bottle bracket welded to the cab and the bottle bolted down
degas bottle hoses put on
belt and tensioner and idler installed
chip put in and switch mounted
pcm and idm hold down brackets need built and mounted
roll cage welded in
doors hung with the mirrors taken off
front clip bolted on
seat bracket needs lowered and rebolted in
seat belts need bolted in
all the fluids need filled and brake lines bled
trans needs pulled, tail housings swapped, and the bts trans installed
egt boost and trans temp gauges need installed
brake peddle needs cut and moved back an inch
throttle peddle needs bolted in
drive shaft needs put in
tail lights need the wires inserted into the lights
6.0 trans cooler needs plumbed inline with the stock cooler
hose needs put on to the power steering cooler
drive shaft loop needs welded in place
rear diff needs to be filled
wiring harness along frame needs ziptied up and clamps put on to hold them permenant
fuel lines need run from tank to engine
fuel pump wires need hooked up
tyre fryer line lock needs put in
window net needs put on
glass needs removed and lexan put in place

That is every single little thing that needs done in order to hit the track. I know it is a long list, but it's mostly just a bunch of piddly little stuff. If I had just one full day to work on it then I would be done. I just haven't had that.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Dam! that thing is comming along nicely! List doesnt sound to bad at all.. cant wait till it hits the track.

Are you gonna run any mirrors at all?

live life full throttle

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
No I'm swapping the 2wd tail housing over to the BTS for now. I haven't decided if I'm going to put the new trans in the race truck or the white truck. We'll see what happens. In a couple weeks though I'll be putting the very first Dieselsite trans ever built into an OBS with 250/100's and a GT42. Kind of a trial by fire. LOL I think Bob Riley is just as excited to see how it holds up as I am. But that's is another topic entirely. Right now I'm focused on getting this race truck done.

I'm pretty sure you can't just swap tail housings to make a 4x4 trans, 2x4. I know you can't swap from a 2x4 tail housing to a 4x4 and bolt up a transfer case without changing the output shaft.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Huh. When I talked to BTS Brian said it was an easy quick swap. I'll look at it. It's not too big of a deal if it is. I don't really need an aftermarket output shaft anyway. Them things are huge and will hold up to a bunch of power.

Lang

Reaction score

Huh?! Divulge some more info on this trans!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Huh. When I talked to BTS Brian said it was an easy quick swap. I'll look at it. It's not too big of a deal if it is. I don't really need an aftermarket output shaft anyway. Them things are huge and will hold up to a bunch of power.

Afaik the shafts are different lengths to mate up to a 2wd vs 4wd.

Huh?! Divulge some more info on this trans!

This^^^

live life full throttle

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Its a good thing there was a bunch of drunkards at your house one night to get the ball rolling on this thing lol

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Ok. Here is some info on the transmission.

The first ever Dieselsite Legendary E4OD transmission will be going into a 97 F250 in a couple weeks. The truck will have 250/100's, Adrenaline HPOP, Irate turbo kit, GT4202, and Gearhead tuning. It will be an excellent test of the transmission. The cost is $4,174 plus shipping, labor, and tax. Total out the door after shipping both ways, install, and tax is $4,728.34. I don't have warranty information yet, but if it's anything like their other products, it'll be really good. That is for the 500hp trans. Basic pricing for a 4R100 is as follows - Stock to 400hp for $3,399, 450 to 550hp for $3674, 600 to 800hp for $4924, and 800+hp for $6624. The higher the hp the more expensive it is. However, there is finally a reasonably priced transmission for the 500-600 hp guys. You can add things like mag hytec trans pan, 6.0 trans cooler, etc. The biggest thing is that the only difference between any of these transmissions are the shafts and the torque converters. The transmissions themselves are all built to top quality standards. E4OD transmissions are about $500 more than 4R100's unless you send a good 4R100 with your E4OD to pull parts from. So there you go. That is the low down on these transmissions. I will keep you guys up to date on how this OBS does with the new transmission on another thread. Back on topic....

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Excited to see this!
What size inj you running on the motor in the race truck?
Sick looking truck btw.

Latest posts

Members online