Project Wheels Up

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Personally.. I would worry about safety and suspension and getting it to go straight down the track at WOT long before I worried about shedding more weight

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Still looking to shed some more weight though. I really want to lose about another 300 pounds. The only way I can think of is to get a fiberglass cab. That's just such a huge endeavor though that I really don't want to. Unfortunately though I think that's my only option. The bed is already as light as it gets and the front clip weighs maybe 50# as it is. There's nothing else to pull off of it. Going to fiberglass doors will gain me about 100#, but I'll still be around 4,650#. Where do I get that next 200#? I know I need to go on a diet, but damn. Lol! Any ideas?

Lol. I dont think there is much left other then the diet thing. Its not like you can lose a lot anyway. Maybe 20lbs but anymore then that, you would lose your sex appeal..

Old tractor pulling tricks would work but then you prolly wouldn't pass tech..

Im thinking fiberglass all the way around is the best bet.

Personally.. I would worry about safety and suspension and getting it to go straight down the track at WOT long before I worried about shedding more weight

That's a pretty good point scotty!

live life full throttle

dthompson

Reaction score
Chris what are you running in it for windows? If glass, switch to lexan and you will shed some weight there.

neverkickn

Reaction score
yes. Build a giant ballon that would fit in the bed under a tano(sp?) cover and fill it with helium!

live life full throttle

Do you guys really not know that will only reduce traction and handling? You would still have the same amount of mass to accelerate.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Do you guys really not know that will only reduce traction and handling? You would still have the same amount of mass to accelerate.

Do you really know that im just talking out my ass? Im not smart bye no means but dam, you really think I was serious?

live life full throttle

neverkickn

Reaction score
Do you really know that im just talking out my ass? Im not smart bye no means but dam, you really think I was serious?

live life full throttle

I could have worded that to be less condescending, but to answer your question, no I did not. I think that your sarcastic tone got lost somewhere in the deep dark recesses of the inter web.

My bad:grouphug:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
It's cool though. First I need to get this crazy ass backwards engineered piece of **** to go straight down the track right?

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Ha! No it's not staying a rat rod. The inside, undercarriage, and engine bay are beautiful for a reason. Eventually when I get it to run the way I want it to, the body is getting cleaned up and painted candy cobalt blue. Probably this winter.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ha! No it's not staying a rat rod. The inside, undercarriage, and engine bay are beautiful for a reason. Eventually when I get it to run the way I want it to, the body is getting cleaned up and painted candy cobalt blue. Probably this winter.

Ooooo.... had me at cobalt. Thats a tuff choice for me.. rat rod is bad ass, so is cobalt blue..... I think you need one of each..

live life full throttle

01pwrstkr

Reaction score

The rat look is cool as chit but I have always been a fan of blue too. It'll look cool as hell either way!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
The shop is full of trucks that I'm waiting on parts for and I have a new set of tires on the race truck. I'm going racing today.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.