Project Wheels Up

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Ready to go back together!

IMG_20140514_171926_411.jpg

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
New bolts are in. Only problem is the locating pin isn't. Should be fine though. Gonna slide the transmission back up tomorrow and go racing Saturday!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Not exactly a broken flex plate.... But yeah. They'll definitely make you think you have big problems. I thought for sure I grenaded a piston. Of course I haven't started it up yet so I don't know for sure. LOL Sad part is I should have known better. This isn't the first time a flex plate has made me think the worst.

dthompson

Reaction score
Hopefully that is all it was. We actually may be up at KID this weekend to make some test passes ourselves! May see you there.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Well Saturday they won't allow time only. You'll have to enter a class. I'm gonna probably get into the sportsman class. They'll let us do a couple timed passes before the eliminations start, so the way I see it I'll get at least 3 passes in. That's good enough for me.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
dang i made 799 corrected in a 7.3 back in 08' and never broke those bolts , musta had some crazy torque #'s !!!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm gonna attribute it to loose bolts or they were overtorqued some time in the past. They were torqued to spec (89 ft lbs) by me and where they sheared they were still fully seated, but it has to be one of them. I know there's guys making more power than me that haven't had this happen to them. But in my mind I like to think I was putting out some record torque numbers though. ;) LOL

dthompson

Reaction score
Yeah Chris. We are thinking about going up Friday. Just FYI, I think sportsman is 12.0 and slower. Basically will be Dq'd if break that once eliminations start. But it's the cheapest class to enter so if all you want is those three passes no big deal.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Well Saturday they won't allow time only. You'll have to enter a class. I'm gonna probably get into the sportsman class. They'll let us do a couple timed passes before the eliminations start, so the way I see it I'll get at least 3 passes in. That's good enough for me.

Enter the class you plan to run. Then if you qualify for worlds you will qualify in the right class.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Not exactly a broken flex plate.... But yeah. They'll definitely make you think you have big problems. I thought for sure I grenaded a piston. Of course I haven't started it up yet so I don't know for sure. LOL Sad part is I should have known better. This isn't the first time a flex plate has made me think the worst.

Part that threw me was the truck would still start.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Matt I'm talking about going to the local track for testing. In Denver we'll get into the class we want to run.

Yeah me too. It was really weird.

She runs good!

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Part that threw me was the truck would still start.

Line up nipple musta held for a lil while then...

Vander, when you tq'ed the bolts did you remove and loctite them or just a tq check and left them installed? Where all the bolts sheered at the same spot?

live life full throttle