Project Wheels Up

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
No because it's not a 444ci motor spooling them anymore. Now it's like having 2 222ci motors. I have to size for a 3.7L motor that only revs to 4,000 rpm. I know from experience that a 2.8l diesel turning 5,000 rpm has a good bit of lag spooling a Garrett t3/t4.

You know what would be cool? A pair of 51mm turbos compounded with a pair of 71mm turbos!! Lol!

shmoozer

Reaction score
Sounds.....familiar lol. This is a great project, always looking forward to more updates!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
No because it's not a 444ci motor spooling them anymore. Now it's like having 2 222ci motors. I have to size for a 3.7L motor that only revs to 4,000 rpm. I know from experience that a 2.8l diesel turning 5,000 rpm has a good bit of lag spooling a Garrett t3/t4.

You know what would be cool? A pair of 51mm turbos compounded with a pair of 71mm turbos!! Lol!

I know it has to split the cubes. But wont the larg amount of fuel your going to push through it still need the top end flow compared to your big turbo?? 6.4 turbos off each bank...lol

live life full throttle

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Oh nice. Yeah that's kinda the plan. Eventually I would like a compounded parallel setup. Obviously not right now though. I just need to get it running first. April is fast approaching.

I would really like to sell me s482 fmw to pay for the new turbos. I figure $1,800 for an almost bran spanking new turbo is better than $2,200 for a new one.

Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Yeah I think the Power Service funny car made that very evident at TS this past year.

They're not external. It's behind the rear cover plate.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Yeah I think the Power Service funny car made that very evident at TS this past year.

They're not external. It's behind the rear cover plate.

Granted you won't be dumping oil on the track, but why not fix it so you're not dumping oil back into the motor? You have perfect access to it right now and it will save you a lot of time and headache than waiting to fix it again when you have a problem once its up and running. A project like this sucks a lot of time - why make it worse in the long run for saving a couple of minutes short term?

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Granted you won't be dumping oil on the track, but why not fix it so you're not dumping oil back into the motor? You have perfect access to it right now and it will save you a lot of time and headache than waiting to fix it again when you have a problem once its up and running. A project like this sucks a lot of time - why make it worse in the long run for saving a couple of minutes short term?

Exactly, and it would be a shame to lose oil pressure and wipe the motor out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Can anyone guess what's missing electric wise!?

IMG_20140103_224442_140.jpg

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I removed the wiring for the fuel bowl heater, IAH relay, water in fuel sensor, ebpv pedestal plug, ebp sensor, and relocated the GPR and starter solenoid. Now it's just the bare minimum wiring needed.

No Jason I'm going as far as possible with this system first. Besides, the 3,000 lb diet will be more than enough of an improvement over my previous times. Even if I stayed at 600hp. The boost in HP from those agricultural parts may actually cause poo to come out if I'm not aclaimated first. LOL

Latest posts

Members online