Punisher Truck Won't Start?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Well it must of had ICP before if he had fuel coming out the exhaust no? New FICM made it go to no ICP. Odd. I'm still confused on the FICM that got swapped on to it, was a brand new FICM, or did it come from a known running truck?

jwlandry

Reaction score
It was building icp in the vid bc it fired so he swapped ficms and it has fuel pressure, the lines have been made sure no air is in them. So why all of a sudden no icp? Was there voltage put to it and now it died?

jwlandry

Reaction score
What's the chances of the ipr being packed full of an anti sieze compound from a previous builder in Texas?

Since Danny never wanted Doug to tear into the block. All Doug did was pull the heads. And with the amount of anti sieze that was in the injectors one can only guess how much is in the rest of the motor.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
or the d rings on the topside of the injector where the oil rails sit in the injector?

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
What's the chances of the ipr being packed full of an anti sieze compound from a previous builder in Texas?

Since Danny never wanted Doug to tear into the block. All Doug did was pull the heads. And with the amount of anti sieze that was in the injectors one can only guess how much is in the rest of the motor.

This is what I think the issue is... Especially after seeing how much anti seize there was...

imelmo

Reaction score
has anyone tested lpo, besides it fills the bowl slow? what is ipr dc? checked the pressure regulator? was the pump removed while it was at dougs? does the oil pressure gauge on the dash move when cranking for a while? does it have the stock oil system, or a trusted kit? can a ficm off a running truck be thrown on the truck just for grins? do the injectors pass a buzz test? does it take forever to build the little icp it does, or does it build it immediately then stop dead in its tracks?

Sorry for all the questions, these are just the start of what id be asking myself if the truck was here.

Possibly. Just strange that it had icp in Florida and seemingly here until after the trailer ride to Texas.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score

Good call, I forgot all about the anti seize in there.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Why don't you guys just wait to.see what Jason finds?

Because its the internet. They either A) need to get in as many guesses as possible so when the problem is found they can bank on saying "I told ya so" or B) didn't bother to read that Jason has the truck or C) are genuinely trying to help by throwing out ideas and speculations even though that Danny (bless him and this project) isn't all that comfortable working on his own stuff and could possibly overlook items that a more seasoned guy (like Jason) would most likely find quickly.

Danny - You get an A (and some beer/shine next time we are at the same event) for trying. Its hard having guys wrench on your stuff then taking over and trying to figure out what was done and why. Not sure what I would have to offer - but if you need something and think I can help in any way - let me know.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I may ride over there after work. Tired of waiting on Jason's azz for a report.

LOL

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
because if it is the orings on the dummy plugs, I'm going to make a new thread about how awesome I am and how I should henceforth be known as Savior de la Punisher.

truck wouldnt fire over if it had a hpop leak....its gonna be a electrical problem

CenTex Diesel

Reaction score
If Anti Seize is the problem I am more then willing to take full responsibility. I did use Anti Seize as Stud lubricant. I was in a time crunch and ARP Recommended it. But the amount that is being said does not add up. I am more then willing to take Danny truck back in and have it fixed to what ever needs to be done. If the guy in Beaumont finds Anti Seize is the problem, I will personally drive down, pick the truck up. Bring it back to my shop. Completely pull the engine, check all bearing. Replace anything that my have been effected by the anti seize. I just dont understand how the anti seize is the problem, if it went from running to not running in a year of storage. I know the truck was not completed when it left my shop. There are pics of an unfinished product that left my shop. And never had the opportunity to produce a finished product. The shims missing in the valve train is my problem, A: the machine shop didnt put them in and I missed it while assembling the engine. B: they were not in the package of the valve springs when delivered to the machine shop, (either way its was my responsibility). I am glad Doug caught that before damage was done. I hate to see Danny having these issue! I am more then willing to do what I can to take care of this truck. I will do it all on my own dime and in a very timely manor, no matter whos issue it was. The truck has so many hands in it, that no one really knows what is what.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Weird that it would cause issues now...

But I'm curious as to how much anti sieze was used for it to be gobbing up in the injectors?

Chris

Reaction score
Because its the internet. They either A) need to get in as many guesses as possible so when the problem is found they can bank on saying "I told ya so" or B) didn't bother to read that Jason has the truck or C) are genuinely trying to help by throwing out ideas and speculations even though that Danny (bless him and this project) isn't all that comfortable working on his own stuff and could possibly overlook items that a more seasoned guy (like Jason) would most likely find quickly.

Danny - You get an A (and some beer/shine next time we are at the same event) for trying. Its hard having guys wrench on your stuff then taking over and trying to figure out what was done and why. Not sure what I would have to offer - but if you need something and think I can help in any way - let me know.

Ill go with option C. Most of the people posting up all the detailed questions have worked on and have enough 6.0s in their shop to not need the self gratification of option A. just trying to help because they want to see Danny's truck run good as bad as he does

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Ill go with option C. Most of the people posting up all the detailed questions have worked on and have enough 6.0s in their shop to not need the self gratification of option A. just trying to help because they want to see Danny's truck run good as bad as he does

I really do agree with that - but I've got to be a bit of a smart ass its expected of me at times and I had like 3 hours of sleep last night because I had to rescue a broken 6.0 so I'm a tad grumpy and cynical to boot. LOL

Latest posts

Members online