Punisher Truck Won't Start?

jwlandry

Reaction score
Have to ask if the lines were opened after the heads to purge the air from them. If the regulator is set too high it will never push the air out.

Was there ever plug a manual gauge in and set the regulator?

Last edited:

lubeowner

Reaction score
i have heard of people using nitrogen to find leaks because compressed air isnt enough to find a leak

That is what i do. 800 pounds of nitrogen is way easier to hear leaking then 180 psi shop air. But usually this is only needed on hot start issues. Usually cold start issue have larger leaks and easily found with shop air.

imelmo

Reaction score
Does Danny still have the 04 pump on his truck or has his oil system been updtaed to the 05's.

Might have to pull the valve covers and crank it over to see where its leaking. Might be something as simple as a cut oring. Happens all the time

When it was at Doug's he said it had 1500psi according to his ids so I have no idea what's going on. I saw it only in single digits with my own eyes on Jason's ids. Don't know if something happened on the trailer ride or what. The only things I messed with when I got it home were the ficm, pulling out the old gauge wiring, and a couple misc. things like that.

There was also a little bit of glittery oil from the valve cover, but I'm hoping that was something old.

This thing is starting to get like the old orange truck. It was awesome at moderate power levels, but as soon as I try to go to the next level all kinds of unusual crap happens. :doh:

This will be my last shot with this thing and if it doesn't work I'm gonna sell it. I'll mess with my 12 valve after that. And if that doesn't work it'll be time to get an old carbureted Mustang or something. :morons:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
When it was at Doug's he said it had 1500psi according to his ids so I have no idea what's going on. I saw it only in single digits with my own eyes on Jason's ids. Don't know if something happened on the trailer ride or what. The only things I messed with when I got it home were the ficm, pulling out the old gauge wiring, and a couple misc. things like that.

There was also a little bit of glittery oil from the valve cover, but I'm hoping that was something old.

This thing is starting to get like the old orange truck. It was awesome at moderate power levels, but as soon as I try to go to the next level all kinds of unusual crap happens. :doh:

This will be my last shot with this thing and if it doesn't work I'm gonna sell it. I'll mess with my 12 valve after that. And if that doesn't work it'll be time to get an old carbureted Mustang or something. :morons:

Don't get too discouraged. I find that when I get pissed at one of my projects - the best thing to do is walk away before I make it worse. Some of them sit for a while... lol

Good luck Danny.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
danny said that he saw some metalic in the oil, lets hope for the best that its not the pump or worse.

a little off topic but speaking of metallic oil....is it normal to have a very small amount of fine metal flakes on the oil drain plug? i would assume a small amount is ok.....

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Don't get too discouraged. I find that when I get pissed at one of my projects - the best thing to do is walk away before I make it worse. Some of them sit for a while... lol

Good luck Danny.

^^^^^ Big Medicine right there.

We'll always keep a spot warm for you though in the 7.3 section if it doesn't work out. LOL

jwlandry

Reaction score
after all the crankin Danny did....there should be no air in the fuel system to keep it from starting.

How would all the cranking bleed the air out of 15 feet of lines. If he doesn't crack open the lines and verify the air is purged. Then its still a wild ass guess.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
after all the crankin Danny did....there should be no air in the fuel system to keep it from starting.

He needs to crack open the lines on the back of the heads and up front were the regulator is to get the air out. The fuel system was completely empty, you cant get all the air out with just cranking it. Trust me there is air in there.

strokin6L

Reaction score
i replaced all my fuel lines with braided stainless lines...and when i did i never cracked anything to bleed air off. I just think as many times as he cycled the key to initiate the pump everytime...that there's fuel getting to the injectors. Danny even said that there was smoke coming out of the exhaust when he was crankin on it. I'd put money on it that it's nothing to do with air in the fuel lines that's keeping it from starting.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
i replaced all my fuel lines with braided stainless lines...and when i did i never cracked anything to bleed air off. I just think as many times as he cycled the key to initiate the pump everytime...that there's fuel getting to the injectors. Danny even said that there was smoke coming out of the exhaust when he was crankin on it. I'd put money on it that it's nothing to do with air in the fuel lines that's keeping it from starting.

I know on a few that I've worked on if you don't bleed them you will be trying for days to get the air out by cranking them.

It could possibly be something else but if swapping the FICM made it worse then I'd start looking for other reasons than electrical.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Its got 80 psi of fuel pressure to the heads right now. The issue is not fuel. Its not building high pressure oil pressure.

Chris

Reaction score
has anyone tested lpo, besides it fills the bowl slow? what is ipr dc? checked the pressure regulator? was the pump removed while it was at dougs? does the oil pressure gauge on the dash move when cranking for a while? does it have the stock oil system, or a trusted kit? can a ficm off a running truck be thrown on the truck just for grins? do the injectors pass a buzz test? does it take forever to build the little icp it does, or does it build it immediately then stop dead in its tracks?

Sorry for all the questions, these are just the start of what id be asking myself if the truck was here.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.